International Committee of the Red Cross
Under the direct supervision of the Sexual Violence Operations Manager, the Addressing Sexual Violence Specialist implements and leads activities related to the prevention and response of sexual violence, including the following:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and takes a lead role on various field level activities, e.g., coordinating individual responses to victims/survivors of sexual violence; supporting/coordinating community-level projects; documenting the humanitarian consequences of conflict/other situations of violence on the civilian population and allegations of violations of international humanitarian / human rights law, working with the Nigerian Red Cross Society, developing, and delivering training etc.
- Supports programmatic analysis and strategic thinking relevant to ICRC sexual violence prevention and response, including e.g., data compilation and analysis, and the design and implementation of activities.
- Participates in and may sometimes independently hold internal and external meetings about ICRC work on addressing sexual violence, including with communities, authorities, weapon bearers etc.
- Reports on relevant activities, such as field assignments, internal written reports, and periodic evaluation of the ICRC’s action on sexual violence.
- Works as a team member, including undertaking other tasks (e.g., administrative, logistical, finance-related) to support the team, acting as an interpreter for colleagues, advises team members regarding cultural and socio-economically relevant issues, and fosters a conducive environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in law, human rights, gender studies, or other relevant/similar qualification
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- 3-4 years of protection work or similar field
- Proven experience working directly with persons in situations of vulnerability
- Strong understanding of the survivor-centred approach
- Proven experience in data compilation and analysis, capacity building, reporting, and external representation
- Excellent spoken and written English and Hausa, Kanuri is an added advantage
- Applicants should have a Nigerian nationality or hold a working permit
Desired profile and Skills
- High computer literacy (soft & hard skills)
- Proven experience in managing projects/activities would be added advantage
- Experience within the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement strongly desired
How to apply
- Click on the link or scan the QR code below to access the application page; Application Link
- Send Curriculum vitae, letter of motivation, and Certificates to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202400413 ASVS MIU” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role that disregard the online application Ms Form will not be taken into consideration)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 11.02.2024, 16:30hrs. Late applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, nationality, status, disability etc.
(The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Deadline: 11 Feb 2024