Independent Doctors Association
Who we are?
IDA is an international independent non-governmental organization providing medical and humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflicts, natural disasters and epidemics regardless of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. IDA was founded in 2012 by Syrian doctors from Aleppo in response to the healthcare and humanitarian crisis in Syria.
IDA Syria is the main healthcare provider in the Northern Aleppo/Syria area, working closely with 500,000 IDPs and 700,000 host communities through 20 healthcare facilities and other health and nutrition projects
During last year, IDA provided 1.2 million services in Heath, Nutrition, WaSH and Camp Management
The enhancement of the health level in the areas where IDA is operating is to be achieved through engagement with governments, regional humanitarian bodies, and other stakeholders working around health issues both nationally, regionally, and internationally.
Accordingly, IDA is seeking an experienced and dynamic consultant to conduct a donor and stakeholder mapping and analysis and helps to develop IDA’s fundraising strategy that will enable the organization to achieve its strategic plan of financial sustainability and effective funding and implementation partnerships.
Tasks and Scope of the Assignment
- The tasks and scope of the consultancy will be to: Undertake analysis of IDA’s structure and policies and draft a policy and procedure for the partnership and fundraising department in line with IDA’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake a donor mapping and analysis and draft a comprehensive report which includes but is not limited to:
- List of donors including bilateral and multilateral donors, foundations, and companies whose policies and practices uphold interventions that IDA can be interested in.
- Donors’ key thematic/ focus areas and their relevance to IDA work and strategic plan.
- Donors’ key opportunities, their funding schedule/timeframe, and size of funding.
- Donors’ grant and contract process and main compliance requirements.
- Develop a fundraising strategy that includes:
- Sources of funds the organization should prioritize, including potentially non-traditional ones
- Key relevant fundraising methods and activities
- The internal structure that is required to achieve the fundraising strategy.
- Design and develop a crowd-funding campaign strategy and plan to be undertaken by IDA.
- Three thematic areas where IDA can pioneer and add value, and which are prioritized in development financing.
- Develop Concept notes that will be the basis of the organization’s fundraising in the three thematic areas. Participatory methodologies can be used.
- Conduct an in-depth regional stakeholder mapping and analysis and draft a comprehensive report which includes but is not limited to:
- List of relevant stakeholders and their ranking in terms of influence, power, and interest.
- A structure for the partnership and fundraising department;
- A high-quality, comprehensive donor mapping, and analysis report;
- A high-quality, comprehensive stakeholder mapping, and analysis report;
- Fundraising strategy and three concept notes;
- Partnership and Fundraising department detailed budget for 6 months;
- Presentation to the senior management team and to all staff.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Demonstrable prior experience in conducting business development and fundraising. consultancy in the non-profit sector.
- Experience in crowdfunding online campaigns and donor outreach
- Expertise in crowdfunding strategies and partners onboarding
- At least seven years of experience in producing and implementing fundraising strategies.
- Experience in partnership development financing.
- Advanced University degree in non-profit management, international relations/development, business, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills including presentations, report writing, and research.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good judgment pays attention to nuance and detail, takes initiative, high sense of responsibility, tact, and discretion, with sensitivity to different cultures.
The Consultant will be expected to be self-motivated and able to work independently. The candidate will report directly to IDA’s Deputy General Director for Relations and Partnership with additional supervision and support provided by the General Director and Senior Management Team who will also provide a general induction to the work, relevant background documents, and link to the relevant entities and/ or individuals across the wider organization and outside of it
Submission of Proposals
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria are invited to send their applications and the following documents through this Link
- An updated Company profile and /or Curriculum Vitae (with references)
- Cover letter (indicating interest and past experiences from similar projects)
- A detailed Expression of Interest (EOI) work plan and proposal for the assignment (not exceeding 3 pages)
- A financial proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs for each task or element in the ToR. (not exceeding 2 pages)
This position is a pro-bono nature of contract (Volunteering one)
Independent Doctors Association shall provide accommodation and transportation to the selected candidate
Independent Doctors Association does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse and is committed to acting professionally and ethically. Independent Doctors Association is zero tolerable with any SEA case, IDA is creating the best environment to make sure that all staff have understood SEA and how to report in case there is any suspected case
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply through the below link
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications