The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all Secretarial Entities, Peacekeeping and Special Political missions, Agencies, Funds and Programmes of the UN system worldwide.
This position is located in the Campus Support Unit, within the Central Service at the UNGSC.
The incumbent reports directly to the Chief of the Campus Support Unit.
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following
Human Resources Management
• Initiates, effectively coordinates, processes, monitors, reviews and follows-up on actions
related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment,
placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews,
separation, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
• Assists the Chief of the Campus Unit with the maintenance of vacancy announcement files
and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements.
• Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance,
performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems.
• Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports.
• Provides advice and guidance to Campus staff with respect to administrative procedures,
processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
• Maintains and reviews Campus Support staffing tables; prints and reviews reports.
Budget and Finance
• Monitors and reviews status of relevant expenditures and allotments, compares them with
approved budget, coordinates adjustments as necessary, records variations, updates budget
• Monitors and reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure availability of funds and
the use of correct objects of expenditure.
• Consolidates data received and provides support to the Chief of the Campus Support Unit
with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
• Assists the Chief of the Campus Support Unit in the elaboration of resource requirements for
budget proposal and in the preparation of Campus support budget performance submissions.
• Collects and populates data from relevant sources, prepares statistical tables and customizes
reports from Umoja system generated reports.
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the
official travel of staff.
• Coordinates the administrative activities of Campus Support Unit by screening activities
which require attention of the Chief
• Drafts routine correspondence.
• Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related
• Maintains up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic).
• Coordinates extensively with other GSC units and liaises frequently with internal team
• Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations
and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning
and decision making.
• Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme;
monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical
space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment,
software and systems; organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements for seminars,
conferences and translations).
• Assists the Chief of the Campus Support Unit with administration and management of
contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
• Audits the contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
• Processes the payment of contractors’ invoices and monitor payments.
• Assists with drafting Scope of Requirements and Scope of Works and provides proofreading;
• Acts as panel member for Technical Evaluation Committees for the technical evaluation of
• Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section
or Service UN staff, including: UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits,
swipe-card access and door keys.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job Specific Qualifications
Certification in Project Management is desirable.
Certification in Microsoft Office package is desirable.
International Certification of Digital Literacy (ICDL) Basics Certificate is desirable.
International Certification of Digital Literacy (ICDL) Standard Certificate is desirable.
Certificate in managing the staffing process is desirable.
Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business
analytics or data science programs is desirable.
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in administrative services, budget, contract
management, audit, human resources or related area is required. The minimum years of
relevant experience is reduced to three (3) years for candidates who possess a first-level
university degree or higher.
Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, such as SAP software or
similar, is desirable.
Experience working in United Nations or similar International Organizations is desirable.
Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
How to apply
Deadline: 2 Mar 2024