European Commission's Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations
The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) is in charge of the European solidarity with people in need all around the world and aims to better coordination and disaster response inside and outside Europe. DG ECHO is based on the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence. Every decision ECHO takes must be in accordance with these four principles which are at the heart of the European Consensus on Humanitarian Aid.
ECHO Regional Office (RO) for Latin America and the Caribbean, based in Panama City, is looking for an Administrative Assistant
Education: High school diploma. A relevant first level university degree will be an advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience; previous experience in an embassy, government institution or international organisation is an advantage.
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to prepare official letters (i.e. protocol issues, to get visas, customs clearance, etc.).
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Capacity to work in a multitasking position.
- Excellent command of office software package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet explorer, Outlook)
- Desirable experience in travel arrangements and workshop/seminar organization.
- Knowledge/Experience in accounting/ HR will be an advantage.
- Desirable experience in travel arrangements (i.e flight tickets, accommodation)
- Fluency in of Spanish
- Intermediate-advance level of English
Job description: The incumbent serves as support on administrative and finance issues and ensures receptionist functions in the Office.
This position is open to nationals and other residents of Panama with valid work and residence permits. Depending on the situation, the duration of the contract could be indefinite or definite for one year renewable on a yearly basis.
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and development opportunities.
As a reference, the base salary offered to a person with 3-year experience (the minimum required for the post) is $1468.00 and it could be higher based on the years of relevant professional work experience supported by a work certificate from previous employers. i.e. with 10 years of work experience the salary would be $1697.00.
The national staff members observe a Code of Conduct published on: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/who/about-echo/field-network_en
Contracts will be ruled under the Panamanian labor legislation.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send:
- a cover letter setting out the motivation and suitability for the position.
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae in English in the Europass CV Template only which can be found at http://www.europass.cedefop.europa.eu;
- academic and employment certificates certified true copy by the applicant.
- name, position and contact number/details (telephone, e-mail) of three references, one of them being from the last employer.
- a copy of the valid work and residence permit to live and work in Panama.
To the e-mail address [email protected] with the subject “ECHO-VACANCY AA PTY”. Applications must be received no later than March 29th, 2023.
Any processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the applicable EU legislation (Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices, and agencies and on the free movement of such data. The privacy statement can be found on ECHO website https://ec.europa.eu/echo/system/files/2020-01/privacy_statement_recruitment_ns_final_version.pdf
Shortlisted candidates will have to bring the full supporting documentation in original with them during the testing or interview stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NO INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE. Any form of canvassing, soliciting, or influencing will be treated as disqualification.