International Development Law Organization
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development, and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website, www.idlo.int or follow us on Twitter @IDLO.
The Department of Programmes is the central management and coordinating function for programme delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global programme portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
The Access to Finance specialist will be located in Tunis, Tunisia, with the primary responsibility of providing technical guidance to IDLO staff and pertinent stakeholders within the framework of a project focused on access to land and credit. In this role, the specialist will facilitate the provision of financial inclusion services and support to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Additionally, he/she will engage with local finance institutions to strengthen their capacity to manage finance tools as micro-grants and a climate risk insurance scheme for food producers.
Close collaboration with a diverse range of internal and external partners will be essential, and the specialist will receive support from IDLO’s Country Offices and the organization’s headquarters in Rome, Italy, to ensure the project’s success.
The Access to Finance specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to determine the specific requirements for economic and legal empowerment tools for local cooperatives, SMSAs, other SMEs, and GDAs.
- Coordinate and oversee activities that provide training and direct technical assistance to various stakeholders, including producers, traders, processors, and suppliers. This training will focus on developing business plans, making credit applications, and maintaining proper business records to support credit applications.
- Develop tailored financing strategies for SMEs and act as a conduit of information on financing opportunities for SMEs, with a particular emphasis on the blue and green sectors. Link project participants to existing programs that facilitate access to finance, ensuring that SMEs can take full advantage of financial support.
- Engage with local institutions to enhance their capacity to select, support, and oversee microgrants and climate hazard compensation schemes directed toward rural women and youth.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in economic development programs in the areas of enterprise development and microfinance, experience in land-related programmes is desired.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, French and Arabic is essential.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
- Demonstrated skills working in the technical areas of access to finance opportunities and constraints. Knowledge of Tunisia’s land and economic environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in training and capacity building of financial services providers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with local counterparts, grantees, international donors, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and funding availability.
In addition, IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary of USD 29,000 medical insurance, and leave entitlements, including in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications from qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
Application deadline: 15 February 2024 (23:59hrs Rome Time)
How to apply