American Bar Association
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in all aspects of program implementation, including strategic direction and technical leadership, and management oversight for program activities and results, with increasing responsibilities over the life of the program. The DCOP will manage day-to-day technical activities and supervise a technical team, ensuring high quality deliverables on schedule and in-line with USAID expectations. The Deputy Chief of Party must be capable of fulfilling the role of the Chief of Party in that person’s absence. His/her responsibility will be to ensure effective field coordination.
- Provide technical leadership and support to the COP in program management and support to ensure strategic, programmatic, technical, financial, and contractual integrity from activity start-up through implementation and completion.
- Support the COP in daily operations of overall program implementation activities to ensure they are on schedule and that deliverables are prepared with sufficient lead time for necessary approvals.
- Recruit, on-board, manage, and supervise staff and consultants, including leadership of the technical components under the program and mentorship of staff.
- Work with partners to ensure collection of high-quality quantitative and qualitative data and contribute to analysis of data to inform strategic programmatic decision making.
- Oversee strategic communications and publicity approaches for all activities in alignment with the Branding and Marking plan.
- Master’s degree and relevant work experience of 5 years;
- Significant relevant experience in project management and supervising staff, preferably as an operations manager for projects in developing and/or transition countries;
- Substantial experience working on human rights, social cohesion, transitional justice or other similar thematic areas;
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written); professional proficiency in Ukrainian is desirable.
- Ability to maintain physical presence inside Ukraine for 75% of working days, subject to USAID policies.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] by March 11, 2024. Please include the name of the position and country (Deputy Chief of Party – Ukraine) in the subject line.
Deadline: 11 Mar 2024