Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Water Resources and Infrastructure Senior Associate.
Position Description: Tetra Tech’s Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector assists governments, civil society organizations, private sector actors, and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to the provision of effective water resources management, water security, sanitation, and hygiene (WSSH) programming, and municipal infrastructure services. The WRI Sector leads multiple USAID global learning and technical assistance initiatives in addition to multi-year regional or country programs in Benin, Ivory Coast, Mali, Tanzania, Mozambique, Egypt, Jordan and the West Bank. We support our clients to design and expand market-based WSSH solutions; mobilize finance; and strengthen water resource governance, while addressing wider water security challenges, including climate resiliency, adaptation, and women’s empowerment.
The Senior Associate will provide thought leadership within the WRI portfolio through supporting both program implementation and new business development, primarily of USAID-funded projects. The position can be fully remote from a continental US-based location or hybrid within a commutable distance to either one of our office locations in Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA.
* Provide subject matter expertise and solutions to project implementation teams. Support work planning, development and quality control of technical deliverables and communications products;
* Provide contract technical and administrative oversight and management, including financial and personnel management, ensuring quality and timely implementation;
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and aid the preparation of proposals in response to WRI sector opportunities in developing countries, including countries in and emerging from conflict;
* Develop and lead marketing and positioning strategy for the WRI sector, including managing strategic client relationships and expanding a network of global WASH experts and implementation partners.
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including for project start-up and close-out;
* Represent Tetra Tech in domestic and international events to share learnings from across the WRI portfolio and advance Tetra Tech’s reputation as a sector thought leader;
* Collaborate with specialists from across the company to integrate WSSH best practices into Agriculture and Economic Growth, Environment and Natural Resources, Democracy and Governance sectors.
* Supervise and mentor sector staff as may be required.
* Lead one of WRI’s practice areas most aligned with technical expertise and experience (depending on the candidate).
* Minimum graduate degree in civil/environmental engineering, public policy, or a related field;
* Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience managing USAID-funded Water Security, Sanitation and Hygiene (WSSH) projects, including long-term overseas assignments;
* Experience working for or collaborating with partners in private sector, academia, research institutions, and government ministries and agencies;
* Prior successful experience leading and writing proposals for USAID;
* Regional experience in the Middle East and/or Sub-Saharan Africa preferred;
* Demonstrated intellectual leadership and contributions to improve understanding and design of effective water and sanitation programs and services;
* Experience designing implementation research studies and learning initiatives, including quantitative and qualitative methods and data analysis;
* Professionally proficient in French, Arabic or Spanish preferred.
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding oral, written communications and presentation skills;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Position requires regular international travel (roughly 20% – 30%), including potential travel to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* Current US work authorization is required at the time of application.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Application deadline is Tuesday, March 5, 2024.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
Pay Transparency and Benefits Statement:
Tetra Tech offers comprehensive benefit options that allow employees to design a plan based on individual needs and assists in planning for long-term financial security. Available benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, term life, disability, accidental death & dismemberment coverage, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA), time off with pay, 401k retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Please visit Life at Tetra Tech – Tetra Tech to learn more about our benefits.
We are committed to taking a thoughtful, compliant and equitable approach to employment compensation and rate setting. We commit to providing a holistic comprehensive salary analysis, including reviews of individual skill sets and compensable factors related to qualifications, business needs, internal compensation data, and industry and labor market surveys. The anticipated pay range for this position is $115,000 to $185,000 annually.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide helpful and reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.