Acción contra el Hambre España
Duration : 9 months
Start date : ASAP
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
WASH Project Manager will guarantee the monitoring, ensure the quality and follow up the implementation of the WASH project in Moldova, having and strategic overview on the department. In addition, providing support to the team and the partner to implement the needed activities in coordination with the other technical and support Departments at base level.
Key activities in your role will include
- Supervise, monitor and ensure the planning, implementation and quality of work throughout the Project activities in accordance with relevant humanitarian guidelines, policies and national and/or international standards.
- Ensure the projects abide by AAH mandate, values, and internal rules as well as to local cultural and legal rules.
- Ensure that all the steps of the projects are agreed with local authorities, partners, and relevant stakeholders. (including for Donors’ approval, if needed)
- Carry out regular monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of progress against operational outputs in coordination with Project and technical teams and ensure corrective actions are taken, whenever necessary.
- Regularly evaluate and report on issues and risks arising from the project activities, including security and reputational risks, and contribute, in coordination with relevant departments, to develop and implement mitigation strategies and recommendations for operational improvements.
- Ensure the proper budget follow-up of project and carry out regular budget reviews in coordination with Project and finance teams and ensure corrective actions are taken, when necessary.
- Ensure the quality of projects in cooperation with the technical coordinators and MEAL team.
- In collaboration with MEAL team, ensure the development of overall Results Frameworks /M&E Plans in all projects.
- Undertake regular travel to the areas of intervention engaging in on-site Project monitoring and overseeing the implementation of activities at field level to ensure and enhance Project effectiveness and quality.
- Ensure that gender/equality, protection is effectively mainstreamed across all Projects.
- Manage, lead and support the Project team to ensure agreed project objectives are met in an efficient and timely manner according to AAH and Donors’ policies and procedures.
- Maintain overall oversight of administrative, financial, procurement, monitoring and evaluation and management systems of Project team to ensure the timely, quality and effective implementation of the Project and projects activities.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- University Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., social sciences, environmental sciences, public health, Engineering, international development, or any related field).
- Solid knowledge and experience of Project Cycle Management and strategic planning – compulsory.
- Technical knowledge of implementing early recovery interventions.
- Specific training on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Significant understanding and experience with project budgets and financial management.
- Good context analysis skills, previous experience in similar position of at least 3 years in management positions in the humanitarian field.
- Excellent team management skills, good listener, high communication skills.
- Knowledge or experience of working with partners /consortia or similar.
- Experience in representation/external coordination.
- Experience working in integrated programmes.
- Good understanding of the country context, and good analysis skills.
- Good analytical skills and the capability to work in a precise, structured, and detailed manner.
- Experience in building the capacity of staff and manage large teams.
- Gender mainstreaming and minimum standards in humanitarian sector.
- Accountability to Affected Populations Operational Framework.
- Knowledge of emergency standards including SPHERE.
- Knowledge of the context in Moldova and Ukraine is an advantage.
- At least 3 years of professional experience and leadership in management and coordination of humanitarian Projects, operations and teams.
- At least 2 years of direct experience in implementing emergency and/or early recovery responses (principles, standards and coordination), monitoring and evaluation of projects, and grants management.
- At least 2 years of direct experience leading assessments, project design and proposal writing, including budget development.
- Prior work experience in INGOs in similar positions.
- Experience and/or technical knowledge of AAH sectors of intervention (WASH, Nut & Health, FSL, Shelter, Education) is preferable.
- English, Romanian, Russian, Ukrainian is considered an asset but not necessary.
- Strong computer skills in Office environment and data management.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: Long Term
- Base: Chisinau (Moldova)
- Salary: according to Action Against Hunger salary scale and to candidate’s previous experience.
This packaged includes:
- Non-accompanied position.
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (break per diem: 215 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation (in shared guest house) / or fixed amount housing allowance
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
How to apply
Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
Deadline: 1 Mar 2024