We are seeking a Visual Journalist / News Reporter (f/m/d) for the DW Studio Delhi in India as of 1 March 2024 or as soon as possible on the basis of a full-time local staff contract limited for two years.
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany’s international public broadcaster, currently reaching an average of 320 million users across platforms per week with independent information in more than 30 languages. DW is looking for an experienced visual journalist with excellent digital storytelling skills for its Studio Delhi. This is an exciting opportunity to get on board as one of the world’s leading broadcasters strengthens its coverage in South Asia, working together with a motivated international multilingual and multiplatform team eager to focus on new innovative projects.
- reporting on (breaking) news events for DW’s digital platforms and flagship TV programmes
- live interviews, including in breaking news situations
- identifying stories that are relevant to Asian and global audiences
- researching and producing digital reports e.g. long explainer formats for DW News’ YouTube (wide) as well as short verticals e.g. DW News’ Insta reel and plus TV reports
- organizing shoots and setting up interviews
- university degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent journalistic training
- professional experience in visual journalism essential, including live TV reporting
- familiarity with news reporting on social media platforms compulsory, ability to shoot and edit video an asset
- strong writing and scripting abilities with native-level English language proficiency
- keen interest in regional and south Asian politics and global current affairs and ability to explain complex Indian issues in a way that is engaging and understandable to an international audience
- understanding of Germany’s place in the world and DW’s values as Germany’s international public broadcaster
- a committed team player who supports colleagues and remains calm under pressure
- a good organizer, creative, flexible and with an eye for detail
- willing and able to work at weekends and late because of the time difference
- inspiring and challenging tasks in an international media company
- collaboration in interdisciplinary and diverse teams
- an organizational culture characterized by New Work and Digital Leadership & Collaboration
- promotion of diversity, inclusion and sustainability
As employees of Deutsche Welle, we identify with the values laid down in the Deutsche Welle Act. We are especially opposed to every form of discrimination, racism and antisemitism.
How to apply
We promote diversity and equal opportunities. We welcome your application, regardless of your nationality, your cultural, ethnic or social background, any disability you might have, your sexual orientation, your gender or your age. We aim for gender parity in all departments and across all levels of the organization.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 6 March 2024.
Please submit your application (in English) – which should include your cover letter, CV including links to samples of your visual work (both digital and TV) and confirmation of educational and work qualifications, merged into one PDF file – via the DW online application portal at https://recruitingapp-5401.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/1995/Description/2.