Since the conflict in Ukraine started, our teams have been on the ground assessing and responding to the urgent needs of those searching for safety. We are currently scaling up our multi-country response across three countries (Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine) and are recruiting for many key positions that will make a direct impact on the lives of people who have been caught up in conflict.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Content Specialist, you will manage content production and support for World Vision’s Ukraine Crisis Response, a multi-country response covering Ukraine, Romania and Moldova (with a dotted line to Georgia, who manage their response individually, but who should be included in public-facing materials, as appropriate).
This includes the collection and production of a steady stream of written, video and photographic materials that can meet SO media, social media, and marketing needs. You will also train and support field staff and partner staff to source selfie-style content as appropriate and where necessary due to security restrictions.
The role reports to the UCR Communications Director and works in partnership with World Vision Romania’s communications team for aspects of the response based in Romania.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in photography/video
- Hostile Environment Awareness Training certification (or willingness to complete soon after hiring)
- Strong journalistic and technical photo, video, story and social media skills. Ability to facilitate the collections of image and story resources. Ability to use mobile phone to capture, edit and share photographs, video and audio on social media.
- Strong technical knowledge of new technologies such as satellite communications, photos and video editing and relevant computer programmes.
- At least five years of progressive work experience with international exposure/external engagement on humanitarian emergencies or fragile country contexts.
- Experience in media relations, public speaking or serving as a spokesperson
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken. Russian or Ukrainian language skills would be a bonus.
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field.
- 50% travel between response countries and to project sites is expected
- 10% occasional last-minute requests or media interest may require out of hours work and field and media visits may take place over weekends.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
*Possible position locations: Romania, Ukraine, Moldova
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.