DT Global is shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. We work in partnership with local stakeholders to foster inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship. Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries to solve complex problems in the peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors. With a track record of technical excellence and more than 60 years of international development experience and relationships, we deliver innovative solutions that transform lives.
Overview: DT Global is seeking a Sustainable Finance Technical Director to join the Environment and Infrastructure (E&I) Practice. The Sustainable Finance Technical Director will be responsible for providing overall direction, technical guidance, and oversight to projects and business development on structuring public, private, and blended finance for climate change, clean energy transitions, economic growth, and water security, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). The Director will work closely with the Vice President of E&I and the Technical Directors for the Climate, Water, and Energy sub-practices in developing and leading the technical and business direction as well as strengthening DT Global’s reputation as a thought leader in sustainable finance.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee successful development of new business proposals by providing strategic positioning for sustainable finance, technical oversight, and resource allocation in close coordination with the BD team.
- Ensure the development of high quality, compliant, and innovative proposals.
- Contributes to reviewing all proposals as part of the development process, particularly on strategic partner negotiations. Serve as the capture manager or technical writer in line with core skill sets and networks.
- Oversee scoping and information gathering trips for anticipated and live proposals and guide staff and consultants supporting research efforts.
- In coordination with the E&I Vice President, SMT, etc. manage the long-term positioning of DT Global with key clients, including the development and maintenance of strong relationships with current and potential clients. Helps determine priorities among opportunities and contributes to pipeline development.
- Oversee implementation of USAID and other donor sustainable finance projects or activities, providing home office program management leadership and guidance.
- Allocate and manage PMU resources between project management, business development (in coordination with the BD team), STTA assignments, and leave.
- Approve deliverables for submission to client.
- Obtain regular client assessments of project progress, including management of CPARS.
- Serves as home office engagement manager for projects or sustainable finance activities, as required.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to and enforced including: US and project host country laws and regulations; DT Global policies and procedures; USAID, U.S. Department of State, and other funder regulations; and be accountable for project compliance with these laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee and provide higher level technical guidance on project work plan development and execution to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Lead technical leadership efforts, including development of thought pieces and other knowledge products, and participate in sustainable finance activities and events.
- Contribute to overall strategic vision and direction for overseeing implementation and expansion of water sector portfolio, and strengthening DT Global’s reputation as a thought leader in investment mobilization.
- Analyze regional and country context relevant to assigned program(s).
Leadership and Staff Management
- Provide direct supervision, guidance, feedback, mentorship, and recognition to staff at the field and home office project management unit (PMU) levels, ensuring effective coordination of project support and address personnel issues as they arise.
- Coach direct reports on performance improvement across the full spectrum of program management, business development, and technical development.
- Collaborate with other divisions on decision making matters and address major issues having cross-functional impacts.
- Create a cooperative environment that empowers staff at all levels to contribute, demonstrate the values of DT Global and work together as a unit.
- Set an example as a leader by holding yourself and staff accountable, communicating professionally, being a team player, and supporting the development of all staff.
Learning and Innovation
- Foster professional development and growth activities for staff at all levels in support of effective programming.
- Ensure DT Global’s learning agenda and innovation efforts are aligned with DT Global strategic goals.
- Integrate extensive experience and learned best practices into all aspects of work and teams for broad organizational shared learning.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a related field (MBA, Business, Economics, Investment, International Development)
- A minimum of 10-12 years of direct donor project management experience in sustainable finance.
- A minimum of 7 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in applying financial instruments such as guarantees, insurance, and other climate-related debt instruments such as green, blue, and sustainability bonds.
- Experience in climate investment mobilization and familiarity with carbon markets and structuring blended finance for climate adaptation and mitigation.
- Experience in mobilizing private sector finance and brokering public private partnerships (PPPs).
- Experience contributing technical guidance to business development proposals, including assisting with strategic positioning, leading technical solution design, serving as a technical writer, leading strategic partner identification, and reviewing technical and overall quality of bids.
- Practical experience working with a range of development program partners, including the US Development Finance Corporation (DFC), USAID, Green Climate Fund (GCF) multilateral development banks (MDBs), government agencies, regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work independently and effectively lead multiple teams.
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Field experience working outside the US, particularly in developing countries, required.
- Ability to travel and work overseas on short term technical assignments up to 25%, at times with very short notice.
- Fluency in Arabic, French, or Spanish preferred.
- Experience working with multiple donors (USAID, MCC, etc.)
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
To be considered, please apply through the DT Global website. To view additional opportunities, please visit https://lde.tbe.taleo.net/lde01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=URSAUS&cws=39&rid=2767
Deadline: 8 Mar 2024