International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is one of the world’s largest international humanitarian non-governmental organizations (INGO), at work in more than 40 countries and more than 25 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. A force for humanity, IRC employees delivers lasting impact by restoring safety, dignity and hope to millions. If you’re a solutions-driven, passionate change-maker, come join us in positively impacting the lives of millions of people world-wide for a better future.
The IRC Poland provides job counselling and matching services, employment-relevant soft skills, and language courses and supports refugees and host communities in job placement opportunities. These services are delivered from two Livelihoods Centers: in Warsaw by IRC and in Katowice via IRC’s partner. To facilitate social and economic integration, the Soft Skills Training Officer will co-design and deliver a range of soft skills and job readiness training (JRT). Additionally, the Soft Skills Trainer Officer will supervise a small team consisting of an ERD Administrative Assistant, Civic Engagement t, and Civic Engagement Assistant.
Under the supervision of the ERD Livelihoods Manager, the Soft Skills Trainer Officer will be responsible for:
Program Quality and Implementation:
· Design training curricula in Polish language on soft skills needed at the labor market for the Ukrainian refugees , ensure material is up-to-date, meet training objectives.
· Deliver the wide range of training sessions on the soft skills topics, such as thus not limited to the themes of; labour rights, labour market, social and cultural integration, digital and financial literacy, social and work skills building for the refugees from Ukraine.
· Coordinate the job readiness training, soft skills training and social and cultural orientation training delivery for the Ukrainian refugees
· Be responsible for the facilitation of online classes if needed.
· Research potential training programs and trends in Mazovian Voivodship.
· Ensure that gender, protection and environmental stewardship are mainstreamed in the Career Development program
· Support the ERD Livelihoods Manager and the ERD Team in proper documentation, including the use of appropriate technology platforms, for client data and distribution information, per SOPs and Data Protection regulations.
· Support the ERD Livelihoods Manager with drafting Standard Operating Procedures, Project Implementation Guidelines and Terms of Reference for various project activities.
· Support to the program team (verbal and written) in ensuring the correct translation to / from Ukrainian/Russian and English.
· Support outreach activities, including but not limited to visiting community centres, labour offices, (I)NGO; deliver presentations, promote the centre activities in social networks.
· Working with partner organizations to ensure compliance with IRC standards, meet project milestones, and troubleshoot issues as needed.
· Support the business outreach process and represent the IRC in external job fairs and networking meetings.
· Provide support to the training unit in terms of time management, management of workload, and ensuring the team remains motivated.
· Schedule weekly check-ins with the team to ensure supervision and monitoring of progress and to support the team in solving work-related issues.
· Develop performance objectives and schedule and conduct performance review check-ins in line with IRC’s performance management requirements.
· Coordinate integration and community-building events with the support of LLHs assistants.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL):
· Adjust and adhere to detailed implementation plans to ensure program implementation is on time, with target goals and budget management using effective monitoring & evaluation systems and adaptive management principles to reach desired impacts.
· Ensure proper data collection and information management systems are used for projects in-line with MEAL support.
· Work with databases developed by the MEAL team for client data and other programmatic information.
· Support written program evaluations, reviews and ensure documentation of lessons learned informing reporting and program development.
· Support the ERD Livelihoods Manager and Client Responsiveness Officers in addressing feedback from clients and partners.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
· Adhere to the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: ERD Livelihoods Manager.
Position directly supervises: ERD Administrative Assistant and Civic Engagement Assistant.
Works closely with:
Internal: Other ERD team members, IRC Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) staff, Finance and Supply Chain.
External: IRC’s partner organizations, local municipalities and CSOs, and other community stakeholders; other practitioners in the field as needed.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education, International Development, Human Rights, Business Administration, Economics, Social Science, Humanitarian Response, or related areas. An advanced degree is a plus – or equivalent work experience.
Demonstrated Skills and COMPETENCIES:
· At least two years of relevant work experience in training, teaching, coaching or mentoring, or humanitarian program support. NGO or oversees experience preferred.
· Experience delivering classes to adults or high school children; familiarity with new educational methods and technologies.
· Ability to design training curricula, define appropriate learning methodologies and approaches, content and evaluation strategy.
· Native level of Polish, Intermediate level of English, and some Ukrainian and/or Russian knowledge some knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian is an asset.
· Expertise in one or more of the following areas: career development, cultural orientation, labor rights.
· Well-developed interpersonal communication and public speaking skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
· High productivity, strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge and experience in implementing humanitarian or development projects, especially in conflict contexts, is preferred.
· Demonstrated understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for the beneficiaries and partners.
· Proven ability to work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure with professional grace.
· Willingness to travel within Poland.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced knowledge in Power Point and Excel.
· Demonstrated dedication to an anti-racist and Do No Harm approach, gender equality and inclusion.
· Must have right to work in Poland.
Working hours: 9:00-17:00 and occasionally 11:00-19:00.
Travel and other requirements: up to 20% travel within the Mazovian Voivodeship and other locations as necessary.
**Standard of Professional Conduct:**The IRC and the IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – our Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality.
Commitment to Gender, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: The IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. The IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of the IRC persons in any work setting. We aim to increase the representation of women, people that are from country and communities we serve, and people who identify as races and ethnicities that are under-represented in global power structures.
How to apply
Please submit your application by clicking on the link provided: https://careers.rescue.org/us/en/job/req49233/Soft-Skills-Trainer-Officer
Deadline: 1 Mar 2024