Social Development International
Jop title: Shelter and Non-Food Items Coordinator **
Closing Date: 22/06/2022**
Location: Gaziantep – Turkey**
Reporting Line: Head of Office & Programs Manager
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Planning and implementing Shelter & NFI projects in accordance with SDI’s and donors’ guidelines and standards.
• Conducting needs assessments and identifying Shelter & NFI requirements according to the requirements of the projects.
• Building capacity of the local Shelter & NFI team in Syria depending on the size and structure of the team.
• Issuing progress and final reports of activities and projects in addition to accomplishments and statistics reports and sending them to donors and SDI’s program manager.
• Identifying geographic areas of interest to SDI under the humanitarian needs and context of vulnerable populations.
• Analyzing and reporting humanitarian needs and providing clear and detailed recommendations for interventions
• Setting proper targeting criteria and mechanisms to afford and meet the identified needs of vulnerable groups.
• Ensuring technical guidance to implement programs in multiple operation bases through regular field visits (30-50% of the time) according to donors’ and SDI’s requirements, internal procedures and program’s standards.
• Ensuring monitoring for Shelter & NFI projects (field visits, regular program monitoring, budget estimation, staff evaluation and planning, donors reports, monthly reports…etc.)
• Ensuring preparing and writing Shelter & NFI proposal and reporting to donors (framework, narrative, and budget) in cooperation with local staff and support team.
• Coordinating and cooperating with other program departments and support departments.
• Coordination with Shelter related partner organizations, NGOs, governmental bodies and groups.
- University degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or a related field from an accredited academic University.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Work experience within the required field for at least five years
Experience working on NFI & Shelter projects;
Proven experience and a good understanding of humanitarian relief operations related to Syrian context, especially in Shelter sector; Knowledge of Sphere project standards in humanitarian response; Experience with design and analysis software such as Autocad, SkyCiv, Solidface, and similar software, in addition to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office application especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project; Experience working with specialized international agencies (UN Agencies, International Organizations, and International NGOs) and in complex operations, including conflict and post-conflict situations preferred.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of people.
- Excellent problems and conflicts solving skills.
- Proven administrative and technical skills, and ability to keep accurate records.
Physical and Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to travel to field locations.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Able to work collaboratively with team members to achieve goals.
- Patience & flexibility
- Working within high pressure
- Teamwork skills
- Team leadership.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES (RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS) – ToR: Project management: Manage projects in order to achieve objectives within the allotted logical framework, budget and timeframe. Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate strategies for the sector and the project. Continuous monitoring and oversight of project activities, evaluating progress using outputs and impact. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities in accordance with established time frames and formats. Ensure that the project targets the most vulnerable and needy beneficiaries, and explore and evaluate new and better ways to help them. Preparing and submitting daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly narrative reports accordingly. Liaise with donor program staff on issues related to project implementation at the field level. Ensure that gender and protection principles are mainstreamed in all phases of project planning, implementation and reporting. Manage the budget and ensure expenditure is managed appropriately in accordance with the budget and meet SDI’s standards and financial procedures, and raise alerts when there is a significant expenditure in the account or underspending. Review all program expenditure docs for accuracy, suitability, and completeness before signing.
Personnel management: Remote management of the fieldwork team, including daily follow-up, motivation and development. Facilitate regular meetings to assist in the exchange of information among project staff, ensure awareness of project objectives and current work plans, and to provide opportunities for feedback. Ensure training capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
Communication and coordination: Develop and maintain appropriate coordination with target communities and relevant stakeholders. Participate in cluster coordination meetings, available training, and other workshops. Effective communication and coordination with the concerned working group and other agencies to seek coordination and collaboration. Review and update project agreements and memoranda of understanding for program implementation. Ensuring effective internal coordination between SDI staff from all department.
Logistics: Ensure that inventory, purchase requests, cash forecasts, and movement requisitions are presented appropriately. Ensure field teams are adequately supported with transportation, food, water, supplies, and cash flow. The effective follow-up to ensure proper procurement, transport, and storage of quality materials.
Quality Management: Ensure project implementation is in accordance with SDI’s and Donor’s guidelines. Establish objectives for sector/project assessment and interventions, and monitor progress. Improve project implementation quality, by improving the quality of assessment, monitoring, and evaluation, implementation of core humanitarian standards, and protection mainstreaming. Monitor monthly project data, and perform quality analysis and project implementation analysis based on the data. Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure accurate and appropriate data collection and appropriate scheduling.
Security management: Monitor the security situation in the implementation area, and inform both donors of incidents. Ensure field team compliance with security procedures; Ensure teams security preparedness and awareness.
SDI Commitment on Child Safeguarding – CPS
Actions of Child abuse and exportation violate the universally recognized international legal norms and standards, thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution. SDI prohibits sexual exploitation and abuse of Children and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
SDI is an organization working with vulnerable population, including children both directly or indirectly, thus, SDI has a moral responsibility and a duty to protect children within the population that we serve from both intentional and unintentional harm. SDI understand that all staff need to be aware of this policy even though many of staff may never have unaccompanied contact with children or young people through their work. It is not possible to eliminate risk entirely, but we are obliged to develop strategies and mechanisms to reduce the risk.
SDI Commitment on Protection of Sexual exportation and Abuse – PSEA
Actions of SEA violate the universally recognized international legal norms and standards, thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution. SDI prohibits sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
To the end of meeting with the fundamental values of SDI, this policy is designed to address the behavior of SDI staff and its collaborators towards the served population and to protect vulnerable populations within the communities served by SDI from any acts of sexual exploitation and abuse which is considered as an element of the accountability that SDI holds towards the served communities.
SDI Commitment on Protection of Sexual Harassments and discrimination – PSHH
Actions of SHH violate the ethical norms and the damages the team spirit, thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution if relevant. SDI prohibits SHH and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
To the end of meeting with the fundamental values of SDI, this policy is designed to address the behavior of SDI staff and its collaborators towards one another and to protect staff within the environment of SDI from any acts of sexual harassment and harassment which is considered as an element of the accountability that SDI holds towards its staff.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please fill out the:
no later than 22-06-2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SDI reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. SDI has the right to close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.