Established in 2007, AAN Associates is a ‘Social Enterprise’ established to enable development partners in finding simple, innovative, cost-efficient, and sustainable solutions to developmental challenges. AAN Associates brings extensive research and evaluation experience in varied contexts i.e., development to humanitarian (including complex emergencies) crises. AAN has undertaken more than 110 consulting projects in over 26 countries (East Asia and Pacific, South & West Asia, Middle East, East and South Africa, and West Africa), with bi / multilateral funding agencies, United Nations, public sector, and non-profit entities.
AAN is a growing organization with a distinctive track of producing award-winning research and evaluations. These awards and distinctions have come to complement AAN’s recognition as practice lead in ‘Social Research’ and ‘Evaluations’. AAN is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy underpinned by excellence in service, improvising innovation, and technology, strengthening partnerships and resources, forging institutional systems and diversity.
AAN Associates is actively looking for qualified individuals, experienced in the evaluation of the Sexual Reproductive Health Programs, to fill the role of Team Lead for a potential project. As a SRH Expert the professional will:
- Guide and manage a dynamic team throughout all phases of the evaluation process. Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture within the team.
- Develop and articulate a robust methodological approach for the evaluation, ensuring clarity and adherence to industry best practices.
- Lead the initial (pilot) field mission, demonstrating effective on-the-ground leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Review and consolidate team members’ inputs to ensure the quality and timeliness of evaluation deliverables. Uphold and enforce rigorous quality standards throughout the evaluation process.
- Liaise with the UNFPA Evaluation Office to ensure alignment with organizational objectives. Represent the evaluation team in meetings with stakeholders, maintaining strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Deliver inception reports and the final evaluation report, including country case study deliverables, adhering to requested outlines and quality standards. Follow up with team members and management for feedback and revisions, and to ensure that the proposal stays on schedule.
- Clear communication in English is mandatory; additionally proficiency in French.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading evaluations of similar scale, complexity, and character.
- Technical expertise in sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Experience assessing health systems in developing countries and/or humanitarian settings.
- A background in gender and human rights is essential, with specific experience in evaluating programs utilizing human rights-based approaches or targeting poor and marginalized women.
How to apply
The interested consultants must send their short profiles & updated CVs. (all in English) to [email protected] by mentioning ‘Sexual Reproductive Health Expert’ in the subject line.
Additionally, candidates are requested to specify the following information in their email body for easier tracking:
- The languages that they are proficient in (English, French, Spanish etc).
- The organisations for which they have experience in doing evaluations for (UNICEF, WFP, ILO, etc).
- The thematic sectors for which they have done evaluations (Nutrition, WASH, Health etc).
- Country in which they are residing or that they have knowledge/experience of.
Deadline: 21 Feb 2024