British Red Cross
Contract type: Fixed Term until September 2024 with the possibility of an extension
Hours: 35 per week (job shares may be considered)
Salary: £22,315 to £23,728 per annum pro-rata depending on experience
Driving: Full UK Driving Licence required and access to a vehicle (mileage will be paid for use of own vehicle)
Do you have great social skills and a passion to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable people within the community?
Could you lead a dedicated team who are committed to making a real difference? They support individuals dealing with unmet social needs and the challenges of isolation and loneliness.
This is a truly rewarding role. You will guide those in need to rediscover their independence and embark on a journey of hope and better well-being.
It’s not just a job – it’s a chance to make a real impact! Can your skills help spread the power of kindness?
A day in the life of a Service Coordinator:
- You will manage a small team of staff and volunteers ensuring the people who need us receive the best possible service.
- You will meet with our service users and assess their needs. You will guide or signpost them to connect with groups within the community or to manage a health condition. This will enable them to lead independent lives and improve their wellbeing.
- You will liaise with partnership agencies and stakeholders to promote the service and build meaningful relationships.
- You will produce and maintain monthly reports.
To be a successful Service Coordinator:
- Do you have strong leadership skills and an ability to get the best out of people?
- Are you a good communicator?
- Do you have knowledge of Health and Social Care services?
- Do you have a manual UK driving licence and access to a vehicle? (mileage will be paid for use of own vehicle).
We recognise the benefits which can be gained from flexible working and so are open to considering job sharing for this role.
The closing date for your application is Tuesday 20th February 2024
In return for your commitment and expertise, you’ll get:
- Holidays: Up to 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) + option to buy 5 extra days.
- Pension scheme: Up to 6% contributory pension.
- Flexible working: We do our best to accommodate your preferred work style.
- Learning & Development: Wide range of career opportunities + comprehensive learning.
- Discounts: Access to Blue Light Discount Card and employee benefits platform.
- Wellbeing Assistance: Access to mental health and wellbeing assistance.
- Team Working: Support our mission in a collaborative team.
- Cycle2Work: Lease a bicycle through the scheme.
- Season ticket loan: Interest-free loan for commuting expenses.
We are proud to participate in the disability confident scheme for roles based in the UK. During the application process, you will be asked if you wish to apply under the scheme.
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the support of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
How to apply