Assessment Capacities Project
We are seeking a Senior Research Analyst – Ukraine Analysis Hub at ACAPS as part of the Ukraine crises response (to be based in Ukraine or with frequent travel to Ukraine) for a fixed term period of 10 months, with the possibility of extension.
Duties and responsibilities
Management of production of analytical products
• Jointly with the Team Leader and a Senior Analyst ensure the effective processes of
planning, production, and timely delivery of analytical reports
• To manage the process of production of analytical products from design to publication
• In collaboration with the Senior Analyst and a Project Lead ensure overall
coordination of resources needed for the products (Analysts, ACAPS and external
Experts, Editors etc).
• As A Product Manager, to provide feedback to the Product Lead(s) on content, structure,
and quality of the analysis.
• To ensure collaboration between Senior Analysts and different parts of the team (Data
Collectors, Data Analysts, Information Analysts, Experts) to deliver high quality
analysis with support of the Team Leader
Oversight over the quality of analysis and technical support
• Jointly with the Team Leader and a Senior Analyst, to ensure high methodological standards
and high quality of analysis
• To provide support to the Product Lead(s) on design and planning of analysis
• In collaboration with a Senior Analyst, to ensure mechanisms to gather and analyse feedback
on the impact of produced analysis
• To design, develop, and produce analysis according to ACAPS methodology
Partnerships and Networking
• In collaboration with the Team Leader and other analysts on the team, to develop and maintain
a network of key interlocutors for information (including sector and agency level)
• In collaboration with the Team Leader, to establish effective processes to manage key
relationships with international and local partners
• To represent ACAPS at key cluster and working group meetings in order to provide input and
promote ACAPS products
• To liaise and coordinate joint analysis with key humanitarian stakeholders and other key IM
• To provide technical analytical support to local and international humanitarian actors, for
instance on scenario building exercises or data analysis
• To support the Team Leader in fundraising efforts and donor engagement for the Ukraine
Analysis Hub , e.g. input to concept notes and presentations to donors
Secondary data analysis
• To review assessments, reports and information products on Ukraine to understand the
information landscape and current gaps
• To contribute to the establishment and maintenance of Analysis Hub information management
systems and ensure that internal and external needs for information are processed in a
structured and efficient manner.
• To support the overall informational needs of the humanitarian response in Ukraine through the
compilation, synthesis and analysis of relevant qualitative and quantitative information
• To contribute to the creation of tools to facilitate the ongoing analysis and sharing of data and
information that support evidence-based decision making.
Qualifications and experience
• Relevant higher education in social sciences, international development, or similar
• At least five years of professional experience in the humanitarian sector, including at least one in the field
• Demonstrated analytical skills and written clarity, including ability to understand complex concepts and problems and synthetise information
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and results oriented approach. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Line management experience
• Ability to assess data reliability and identify bias. Ability and confidence to make judgment calls when interpreting ambiguous data
• Demonstrated experience in designing and conducing analysis in humanitarian contexts
• Training and proven understanding/application of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis methods (mixed and multi)
• Proven experience working with civil society and local partners
• Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
ACAPS is dedicated to helping humanitarians make better decisions. We want to put evidence at the heart of decision-making. To achieve this, we collaborate with a variety of partners across the humanitarian sector and beyond.
ACAPS is establishing a Ukraine Analysis Hub to provide impartial, independent, timely, and high-quality analytical products, which strengthen the evidence base for decision making and response programming among humanitarian stakeholders related to the crisis in Ukraine. The ACAPS Ukraine Analysis Hub will work to produce analysis of the humanitarian crisis and response in Ukraine through building a platform connecting data and analysis of both local and international sources, in order to achieve a more nuanced, in-depth understanding of the humanitarian situation.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter in your application throught the NRC platform here. Note that only applications made in English will be considered.
You can find the full job description here.
The working language is English and to be eligible to apply, you need to be fluent in English (written and verbal). If you also have Ukraine and/or Russian language skills then this is desirable. You must also have a higher education degree in social sciences, international development, or similar and at least five year’s professional experience in the humanitarian sector, including at least one in the field.