War Child Canada
Position Title: Senior Project Officer- Innovation & Technology-BRIDGE Project
Duty Station: Kampala-Uganda with 80% regular field travel
Contract Terms: 2 years renewable
Reporting to: Project Director
Management Responsibility: Responsible for technical oversight to two National Non-Government Organizations (NNGO) Implementing Partners
Position Summary: This position will ensure that technology is mainstreamed across all project activities, as appropriate. It will also work with other technology-related interventions in Uganda, and regionally, to look at best practices and new opportunities, ensuring technology is used to the best possible outcome of the youth involved in this program. The position will also lead and provide technical support regarding adaptation and implementation of the ‘UPSHIFT’ incubation business/entrepreneurship ‘boot camps.’
Project Management and Delivery
- Lead the development of systems and tools for the establishment, management, and delivery of the ‘UPSHIFT ‘business incubation initiative, including a TOT manual.
- Focus on acceleration or scale up of innovative projects out of the UPSHIFT processes and document and share both those that succeed and fail.
- Provide oversight and manage the sub-grant to Cyber School Technology Solutions (CSTS) for the delivery of; a) virtual science laboratories at AEP centers) to digitize the Lower AEP curriculum and c) to Train AEP and BTVET teachers on ICT skills.
- Support the establishment of school-based STEM and entrepreneurship clubs and facilitate trainings to further strengthen work readiness, Transferable and entrepreneurship skills beyond the classrooms.
- Support the NCDC curriculum development processes, including in the development of the Lower secondary School AEP woodwork, Agriculture, entrepreneurship subject curriculums, in collaboration with the Education and Transferable Skills Lead.
- Lead and facilitate the promotion of digital transformations in the humanitarian and development programs of the War Child Canada Uganda programming.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Reportingand Learning (MEARL):
- Work in close consultation with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Project Lead and the MEAL Country Manager to ensure learnings and evaluations from monitoring and evaluation initiatives are mainstreamed within project implementation processes.
- Lead and facilitate the development of business opportunity feedback study for innovative approaches in project target areas such as green energy, green jobs, and other friendly environmental solutions.
- Advanced university degree in one or more of the following areas: Innovation, International Development and Management, Business Administration, Social Policy, Entrepreneurship, Information Technology, Communications, or related fields is desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Humanitarian or Development sector, working on innovation, start-up incubation.
- Have strong links to social innovation spaces, incubator space, social enterprises, and start-ups.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae and an accompanying cover letter as one Ms -Word or PDF document saved in your names _ position title, location electronically to:
Please, visit https://www.warchild.ca/get-involved#careersfor more details about this job
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Position Title –location and [insert your name]’