Danish Red Cross
Are you an expert in designing and improving processes and developing tools and guidance for organizational planning, learning and results documentation? The Danish Red Cross is looking for someone like you to ensure that the planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning of our international operations and projects are at the highest level.
Make a difference that matters
Within the Danish Red Cross (DRC), the visions are strong and plenty. In the International Department, we work to increase and strengthen humanitarian impact, inspire and act for human dignity, and enhance resilience and social cohesion in contexts of poverty, conflict and disaster This is where you can help us. Your future position lies within the Humanitarian Policy and Analysis (P&A) Unit, where the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (PMEAL) team works to develop and improve processes and practices that ensure adherence to project and sector standards and donor requirements, while securing a firm evidence-base and capacity for analysis to strengthen our humanitarian impact and support our humanitarian diplomacy efforts.
Your future position
As a Senior PMEAL Advisor, your main purpose will be to provide technical support to compile systematic documentation of results across our international portfolio with a specific focus on documenting outcome-level results. You will provide general advice on PMEAL issues and lead and support the development of processes, tools and guidance for all PMEAL-aspects of project cycle management.
Your tasks will include:
- Provide technical PMEAL support, advice and quality assurance to colleagues at HQ and in the field
- Lead and support the ongoing development and refinement of PMEAL related tools, guidance and minimum standards in line with sector standards and donor requirements
- Facilitating continuous learning, and its usage to improve what we do and how we do it
- Support the continued roll-out of Outcome Harvesting and remote monitoring tools at DRC
- Support the selection and oversight of studies and thematic reviews, and update our database for all DRC’s reviews and evaluations
- Supporting ad hoc strategic and organisational processes or projects
- Supporting and providing input into donor applications
Are you the ideal candidate for our team?
- Master’s degree in Social Science, International Development or similar
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the humanitarian or development sector
- Strong analytical and strategic development skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Planning, facilitation and coordination skills
- Documented experience in working with and facilitating project cycle management processes including project design, review, evaluation
- Applied experience in LFA approach, Theories of Change and developing monitoring and evaluation frameworks at various levels
- Excellent English language skills, French language skills an advantage.
Your future workplace
When you become a part of the Red Cross movement, you become a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization with 17 million volunteers in 191 countries. We save lives every day, and we equip people with the tools they need to get through crises and disasters. We help people on both sides of a conflict and in the remotest corners of the world, regardless of their religion, race or political views.
In the DRC’s International Department, we support vulnerable people in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East and have an annual turnover of more than DKK 750 million. We have approx. 80 colleagues sitting in Copenhagen and approx. 100 colleagues in DRC around the world.
We work specifically on building preparedness and response capacity. DRC works both with long term activities and short-term response particularly within health, disaster preparedness and response.
An exciting, inclusive, and driven work environment in the heart of Copenhagen.
The position is a full-time position, 37 hours a week. The Senior PMEAL advisor will refer to the Head of Humanitarian Policy & Analysis and will coordinate daily tasks with the PMEAL Team Lead.
Salary and employment conditions will be according to Danish Red Cross’ collective bargain agreement with HK and AC, including allowances and pension depending on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Application and further information
If you wish to learn more about the position, please refer to the detailed job description or reach out to the Head of Humanitarian Policy & Analysis, Silas Fehmerling Harrebye, at [email protected] or +45 20529998.
The preferred start date is April 1st. Interviews will take place between February 23-27.
Apply by our web page and create a profile. Then upload your motivation letter (max one page) and CV (max three pages) in English. Please submit your application no later than February 20.
Deadline: 20 Feb 2024