Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance is a public-private partnership committed to saving children’s lives and protecting people’s health by increasing equitable use of vaccines in lower-income countries. The Vaccine Alliance brings together implementing country and donor governments, the World Health Organisation, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry, technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private sector partners. Gavi uses innovative finance mechanisms, including co-financing by recipient countries, to secure sustainable funding and adequate supply of quality vaccines. Since 2000, Gavi has contributed to the immunisation of more than 981 million children and the prevention of more than 16 million future deaths.
The Senior Manager, Finance Business Partnering will be responsible to engage with business managers on a portfolio and/or deliverables basis to support decision making. He/she will report to the Head, Business Partnering. The Senior Manager will also monitor project budgets and will drive efficiency and effectiveness across the functions and will work closely with the country facing teams as well as Alliance Partners.
Key functions and deliverables:
• Business relationship management and partnership with focus on a selected portfolio of departments to become deeply familiar with the needs of those departments within the organisation;
• Proactive business partnering for support for more informed decision making;
• Drive country performance with the business teams, provide realistic forecasts;
• Monitor project budgets and ensure appropriate resourcing budgets;
• Connect colleagues and Alliance Partners, fostering inter-departmental communication and collaboration in service of the Gavi mission, the Secretariat’s goals and priorities while providing direction and guidance to enable the best finance solutions to meet the business needs;
• Providing insights into the business performance for the areas under responsibility and quality commentaries for Management Reports, Board and Committee papers.
• Business relationship management and partnership with focus on a selected portfolio of countries and departments;
• Become deeply familiar with the needs of those countries, influence decision making and ensure overall monitoring of performance and realistic forecasts;
• Drive process optimisation and simplification;
• Build excellent relationship with the members of the selected Secretariat teams;
• Ensure real time support, financial guidance and improved insights into business performance and informed decision making;
• Assess and advice on appropriate actions to manage business and finance risk and communicate impact effectively;
• Lead or support the development of business cases, apply business acumen and commercial awareness to deliver business objectives;
• Act proactively in anticipating department needs and recognising the wider business environment and dynamics;
• Design and propose financial solutions to business challenges while maintaining governance and financial controls;
• Proactive support to the teams on their budget monitoring, resourcing levels and budget requests;
• Provide quality commentaries to Board, Committee papers and Management Reports and input to the Financial Forecast for the selected countries and departments;
• Prioritise competing demands, proactively manage expectations of the stakeholders.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
• Relevant financial and/or business qualification;
• MBA is an advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years in finance leadership positions ideally in a combination of commercial and non-for-profit organisations;
• Minimum of 10 years of related financial experience preferably in US GAAP or IFRS environments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build relationship and communicate at all levels internally and externally;
• Confidently makes and communicates decisions and recommendation;
• Excellent ability to adapt to complex business environments and situations;
• Combine ability to move at operational, tactical and strategic level;
• Stakeholder, service and solution orientated with high problem-solving capability;
• Excellent risk assessment skills with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations;
• Operates well under stress, flexible and focuses on delivering results;
• Integrity and principles-based work ethics;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations, both within and outside the organisation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Working knowledge of French is a plus.
• Gavi Secretariat;
• Partners (e.g. WHO, UNICEF, PAHO).
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please visit our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Senior Manager, Finance Business Partner”. Deadline for applications is 26th July 2023.
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork
In support of Gavi’s commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion, we hire globally and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, national origin, family status, sex, gender identity or expression, physical characteristics, race, religion, spirituality or sexual orientation. Gavi has zero tolerance towards sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse as well as any form of discrimination or harassment. Everyone at Gavi is expected to conduct themselves with integrity and respect towards each other. Gavi is committed to creating a work environment that is safe and professional, therefore all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference checks. Read more here.
Gavi brings together the public and private sectors to save lives and protect people’s health by increasing equitable and sustainable use of vaccines against 18 infectious diseases. You will be joining an organisation at the centre of the international COVID-19 response, at the most critical time in global health in a lifetime. You will work in a culturally diverse environment with over 70 nationalities. You will collaborate with partners such as WHO, UNICEF, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Bank – and from business, civil society and government. And you will work in the first global health organisation to receive equal gender salary certification. Your unique experience, skills and talents can help us achieve our vision of leaving no one behind without the life-saving power of vaccines.
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.