The Senior Director, Business Development provides leadership and oversight of the design and delivery of competitive proposals for the Resilience and Growth (R&G) portfolio.
- Oversee R&G portfolio of new business opportunities, identify resources, and engage directly in opportunities based on the demands and priorities of the proposal processes and proposal team needs.
- Lead proposal teams and contribute to the technical design process for multiple bids, depending on bid size, complexity, and strategic value.
- Serve as Lead Writer on strategic bids or as contributing writer by providing extensive technical content.
- Lead teams conducting in-country investigations of new project opportunities and recruiting candidates for proposed staff positions.
- Research, analyze, and plan for new funding opportunities, competitive intelligence, and ACDI/VOCA’s competitive positioning on a continuous basis within the marketplace in collaboration with the R&G and Inclusive Market Systems (IMS), Technical Learning and Application (TLA), and the Business Development Group (BDG).
- Oversee effective internal communication and information management processes to ensure access and use of business development information by relevant Head office and country-based stakeholders.
- Provide business development skill and capacity building to guide and/or lead R&G proposal teams in opportunity analysis, capture planning, proposal preparation, proposal review, and after-action review.
- In collaboration with BDG, contribute to the development and dissemination of standardized business development materials (learning resources, guidelines, tools and templates, and online information) and build capacity of R&G and Project Operations staff on their application, through staff mentorship, modeling of good practices, and training.
- Provide proactive, timely ongoing support and advice to R&G proposal teams during proposal development, and collaborate with R&G staff to develop, implement, and monitor country program resource capture strategies.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with donors, collaborating organizations, and private sector actors with an eye toward opportunity identification, shared value creation, strategic alliance formation, and global brand positioning.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with current and potential partners and donors, including participating in appropriate professional organizations to raise the profile of ACDI/VOCA and identify strategic partnering opportunities.
- Identify project tools that can be incorporated into proposals and/or business development processes; collaborate with TLA, BDG, and others as appropriate to establish technical core materials, information resources and trainings.
- Lead the R&G team through business development strategy and prioritization exercises, working closely with the Department Head.
- Conduct regular check-ins with R&G team members on specific business development opportunities.
- Supervise the other Business Development staff within the R&G team.
- Instill, strengthen, and promote a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within the team, driving behaviors that staff will emulate.
- Ability to host or attend in person meetings when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please, apply online at (Work With Us : ACDI/VOCA : Senior Director, Business Development in Washington D.C., District of Columbia | Careers at Washington D.C. (icims.com)) by April 10th, 2023.