The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 4,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment and energy do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
The anticipated five-year USAID-funded Rehabilitation for Ukraine Activity will create sustainable quality physical rehabilitation services within the health system across all levels of care, including the primary health care level. The Activity will address both urgent, short-term gaps and long-term system requirements for sustainable, quality, physical rehabilitation services.
As the Senior Advisor on Monitoring & Evaluation and Strategic Information, you will provide strategic direction for the monitoring, evaluation, and learning functions of the Activity, guided by the principles of collaboration, learning and adaptation. You will lead the technical development, implementation and revision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan, ensuring accurate and compelling reporting of results. The Senior Advisor on Monitoring & Evaluation and Strategic Information will be the point of contact for national stakeholders, including the Government of Ukraine, representing Abt nationally and globally.
- Provide strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring, evaluation and learning of the Rehabilitation for Ukraine Activity in keeping with the principles of collaboration, learning, and adaptation.
- Lead the development, implementation, and revision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan to effectively monitor progress and track delivery against targets, outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Oversee all MEL activities, provide technical direction and support, ensure the accurate and compelling reporting of results.
- Supervise a team of MEL- focused staff on this program to ensure the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as actively collaborate with sub-awardees and USAID.
- Assist in preparing the project for possible data quality audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability, and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting timely corrective actions.
- Evaluate pilots and guide project team in determining which meet eligible criteria to scale.
- Track and report data on all project indicators, prepare monitoring and evaluation plans, as well as contribute to MEL workplans, annual reports, and other contractual project documents.
- Identify areas for programmatic improvements and develop recommendations and enhancement solutions based on findings.
What We Value
- Master’s Degree + 8 years of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Community Health, Database or Information Systems Management, or other relevant social science activities.
- Demonstrated senior experience managing MEL related to programs, grants, or projects required; experience with physical rehabilitation and/or health systems strengthening programs with USAID is preferred.
- Prior experience in developing program and/or project indicators to effectively measure the project performance required.
- Prior experience evaluating pilot models for results and scalability required.
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility in adjusting M&E plans due to evolving situations required. Experience implementing a Learning Agenda and/or collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) approaches on USAUD-funded projects is desirable.
- Proven track record in managing complex data collection, data management, analysis and reporting activities.
- Experience with mobile platforms (ODK, CommCare, KoboCollect, EpiInfo, Fulcrum, etc.), mobile data collection, GIS applications, GPS measurement data collection, and/or Tableau desirable.
- Experience in Eastern Europe, preferably in Ukraine.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing.
- Experience demonstrating leadership, communication, coordination, and critical thinking skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in Ukrainian is desirable.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
How to apply
Please use the link provided below to submit your formal application:
Deadline: 29 Feb 2024