DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure (inclusive of energy, climate change, and water, sanitation, and health), Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world-class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and IMC Worldwide, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting-edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, London, Spain, and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, FCDO, EU, DFAT, MFAT, and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, innovation, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Overview: DT Global is seeking a Security Manager to join the Security Management Team. The Security Manager will report to, and work in close coordination with, the Senior Director of Global Security to manage security of all DT Global project and home office staff globally. The Security Manager will monitor and provide guidance on potential and developing security concerns at the home office and on projects and will provide real time crisis management support in the case of emergency.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Director of Global Security ensuring the effective implementation of DT Global’s safety and security platform across all US office’s projects and activities around the globe.
- Provide technical oversight, security proposal development, safety and security plan development, and incident, emergency and crisis management coordination for all US office’s projects.
- Implement DT Global’s safety and security training plan across all US office’s projects.
- Implement DT Global’s Security Risk Management process ensuring that security risks across the US Office’s project portfolio are continuously identified, assessed, and managed at or below the organization’s acceptable risk threshold.
- Assist in the procurement and management of security related resources and systems to ensure mitigation measures are effectively implemented and contractual obligations are met.
- Conduct annual project safety and security audits to identify and resolve vulnerabilities and ensure compliance with both DT Global’s policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement US Home Office Safety and Security Plan and conduct annual trainings to mitigate safety and security risks.
- Conduct new-hire security orientation to all DT Global US employees during onboarding process.
- Provide pre-travel briefings to all new international travelers as required by DT Global policy.
- Assist with field and home office incident, emergency, and crisis response.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of security risk management experience supporting an international organization.
- Experience managing security incidents and crises, preferrable in fragile or conflict-affected countries.
- Experience in conducting threat and risk assessments and developing project safety and security plans.
- Experience creating and providing safety and security trainings to staff.
- Experience providing security briefings and updates to office staff.
- Demonstrated experience working with security, transportation, and communication service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural settings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant field required.
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite of programs to include Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience supporting the safety and security function for a USAID or similar funded project/s.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit an application through the DT Global website: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=URSAUS&cws=39&rid=1352.