Amal Organization for Relief and Development
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Safety and Security Officer
LOCATION: Turkey- Gaziantep
POST TYPE: Part time Nationality is preferred
Reports to: country director
As a member of the Safety and Security team and while managing the Safety and Security department, you will ensure the safety and security Amal staff, assets, operations, and images by applying Amal organization’s policies and procedures.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Conduct and update security assessments of field areas and distribution sites, as directed.
· Ensure the communications tree is always updated and shared with the Turkey office.
· Supervise vehicle tracking and maintain proper vehicle tracking records of all our cross-border staff operating inside Syria.
· Preparing and developing a contingency plan for all projects
· Prepare and organize the weekly/daily movement and travel plans with the programmes.
· Report to the programs team, on a daily basis, the changing security situation and context through detailed collecting and verification of information.
· Report to the Safety and Security programs team-related incidents nationwide in Syria, notably those in our area of operations, and also the Turkey border areas.
· Report and follow-up on incidents in support of affected Amal staff members.
· Collect and compile a weekly report on local information relative to Amal areas of operation.
· Update the incident mapping database on a daily/weekly basis.
· Communicate with the team in case of emergency and report immediately to the country director.
· Ensure all the communication equipment is functioning by doing a weekly check and raise a report to the line manager.
· Working closely with HR and Admins when new staff members/visitors are arriving, and sharing this information with line manager, make sure they receive all the documents and the induction are completed.
· Upkeep and maintain all phones, first aid kits, hibernation kits, and firefighting equipment to ensure they are always operational.
· Ensure the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are in effect being observed by all cross-border staff.
· Coordinating with all relevant line managers, ensure that all staff are briefed and trained (including drivers and guards) regularly on personal security issues and that Safety and Security procedures are understood and respected at all times.
· responsible for Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly Security incident reports.
· responsible for Incident / Crisis Management when required
· responsible for delivering briefings and training to staff, as required.
· Coordination with local authorities and other government sectors, when required
· Any other duty as assigned by the line Manager.
· representative Amal in front of Donors and coordination with counter partner technical focal point
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Amal values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Amal, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, and sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· at least 3 years’ experience of NGO Safety and Security or similar position.
· Safety and Security Management Certifications from accredited institution (IFRC, Red-R, ICRC, UN etc)
· A commitment to working constructively with members of other teams and a service-oriented attitude
· Understands the complexity and values of non-profit organizations
· Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
· Good communication skills
· Good Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook email, internet)
· Good writing, translation and presentation skills.
· Good knowledge of the political and security situation in Syria and the region.
· Strong command of English and Arabic spoken and written.
· Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues
Child Protection and Sexual Harassment Policy
Any employee, consultant, contractor, or supplier actively engaged with Amal Organization must comply with our Child Protection and Sexual Harassment and Exploitation policies. And sign a form acknowledging acceptance and compliance with the Child Protection and Sexual Harassment or Exploitation Policy, which is a statement of commitment to prevent abuse, harm or child labour
To view the two policies of Amal Organization, please click on the following link
How to apply
To apply, please click on the link