With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Resource Development Director, you will provide leadership in designing, developing, and implementing the strategy to secure adequate resources that will enable World Vision International (WVI) Laos to achieve our programme aspirations and fulfil our promises to children in the country. Working closely with the National Director and the Senior Leadership Team in the country, the Regional Office technical team, and Support Offices, you will have three connected streams of responsibilities:
- Lead the Grants Management and Acquisition efforts that will enable WVI Laos to secure funding from private and institutional grants.
- Strengthen the national office capacity in grants acquisition in terms of staffing, systems, and procedures.
- Contribute to ensuring that quality and relevant programmes are developed and managed responsibly in cooperation with the Programme Operations and Impact Team and other Departments and will ensure that WVI is compliant with donor and WVI standards.
You will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to ensuring WVI Laos achieves its strategic objectives and live its vision and values.
- Master’s degree in development studies, Business Administration, a technical sector or equivalent practical experience of at least three years, in interdisciplinary areas within humanitarian industry, international development and program leadership
- At least 5 years’ experience in program and project design, assessment, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Proven experience of incorporating climate change adaptation, safeguarding, gender, disability and social equity issues in to funding submissions and project implementation.
- Demonstrated track record of successful proposal writing, funding acquisition and donor relations.
- Experience of managing or engaging with child sponsorship programmes
- Excellent written and spoken English
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
Deadline: 12 Mar 2024