* Preference is for someone either based in Ukraine or based in Europe with ease of travel into Ukraine, both with a deep understanding of the current context in Ukraine.
VisionFund is World Vision’s microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children.
We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive.
Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Resource Acquisition & Management Lead, for Ukraine you will be part of the Programme Funding team within VisionFunds’ Fundraising Department and will lead all Fund Raising and Funds Management activities as VisionFund establishes a new Microfinance Institution in Ukraine.
You will develop and manage funding opportunities through grants from a variety of institutions and through the World Vision Ukraine Crisis Response (WV UCR) team, that will support and grow VisionFund’s new microfinance institutions (MFI) in Ukraine in keeping with VFI global strategy and funding priorities. You will manage third party regional grant and major donor acquisition and compliance and ensure we meet all obligations to donors on technical and financial reporting.
You will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer of VF Ukraine and the WV UCR team on fundraising activities and report on ongoing management of projects and will ensure that all activities are aligned to organisation’s needs in the region. You will provide leadership and capacity building on the development of funding acquisition and project management processes in the new MFI, including supporting team members on how to manage grants, report on impact and pre-position with donors.
- University degree in international development, economics, or related field
- Able to work in complex corporate culture and financial systems and ensure procedures internally and with third parties are well documented, monitored and executed.
- Creative and helpful at problem solving
- Ability to work well with granting agencies, Support Offices, MFI’s, and other VFI departments
- Excellent research skills and experience in developing funding opportunities.
- Strong grant-writing skills, persuasive writing, and complex document creation
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time, including travel to Ukraine and donor offices.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply by the closing date 17 FEB 2024.
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.