Job Title: Regional Internal Auditor
Location: Honduras or Colombia
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit
Others Working proficiency in French would be a great bonus
General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 3,000 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
Internal audit function provides independent and objective assurance on key risks facing GOAL. The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to act as trusted independent advisors who continually protect the interests of GOAL’s stakeholders by providing assurance on mitigating controls for GOAL’s key strategic risks and guidance on how to resolve control weaknesses. Reporting to Roving Internal Auditor and Country Directors for the LAC Region, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for regularly auditing GOAL programmes and operations.
In particular, the audits will assess whether internal controls are adequate and identify improvements where necessary, across all departments, including programmes, finance, logistics, procurement, HR, and IT. The audits will also enhance compliance with GOAL policies, operating procedures, and with donor rules/ regulations. The Internal Auditor will prepare reports detailing audit findings, associated risks, and recommendations to correct deficiencies in a timely manner.
The Internal Auditor shall be accountable on the following key areas.
Internal Aduit Testing and Reporting:
- With the support of the Roving Internal Auditor, prepare a risk-based annual audit plan.
- To ensure regular internal audits are conducted at both country head office and field office(s) based on the agreed Internal Audit plans, and approved ToR for each assignment.
- To produce internal audit reports, in the agreed standard format, for presentation to the in-country Senior Management Team and the Audit and Risk committee.
- The IA will also ensure that issues log from their own audits are entered on the online GOAL Consolidated issues log (CIL), complete re-testing once departments have addressed the issues, and test other audit finding resolution, following up on all outstanding issues until they are closed.
- Facilitate quarterly reviews of the consolidated issues list (to be led by management).
Risk Management and Internal Controls:
- To independently ensure that risk management processes are effectively embedded throughout the country programme.
- To conduct walkthroughs and tests of GOAL Country Offices, and their partners/sub-grantees’ systems and controls are conducted, assessing whether they are operating as per policies, procedures, and donor regulations, with emphasis on risk management, compliance, efficiencies, impact, and value for money.
- To conduct any ad-hoc internal audit, compliance, and financial investigation assignments as requested by the Head of Internal audit and/or Country Directors.
- IA will be travelling to each country offices as per the approved audit plan and allocation basis agreed by the Country Directors.
- The IA will continue to provide remote technical support for both countries regardless of the actual physical location in that time.
- Any other duties as requested by Country Directors/Roving Internal Auditor.
Key Performance Objectives
- Creation and implementation of the Risk Based Audit Plan
- Production of Internal Audit reports no later than 25 days post audit
- Liaise with Risk process and advise from audit perspective through quarterly Risk Register submission.
- Act as advisory function to Country Directors/Regional Director around best practices in process and risk management.
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives.
- Ability to seamlessly transition between two different countries and cultures with an openness to adaption of style of personal interactions.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- University graduate, with background in, accounting, finance, economics business management, administration, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years in a medium to large size internal audit function.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English both verbally and in writing
- Excellent computer skill in Office 365 including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.]
- Organized and flexible, excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work when under pressure.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly.
- Willingness to travel to field sites on a regular basis.
- Ability to learn new systems and IT software quickly and effectively.
- An auditing qualification preferred but not essential.
- A willingness to pursue certification with the chartered institute of internal auditors.
- Previous NGO experience and knowledge of donors preferred.
- Working proficiency in French would be a great bonus!
Important General Information
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies. Also, any job offer made is subject to police clearance.
- GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
- This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available.
- Employees are expected to assume new assignments enthusiastically and perform to the best of their abilities.
- Unfortunately, GOAL cannot contribute to financial costs incurred when attending interview.
- Confidentiality: Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty
How to apply
How to Apply?
Interested parties must enter the following link to upload their updated CV and Letter of Expression of Interest.
This job description only serves as a guide to the position available. GOAL reserves the right to modify this document. Published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work, we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we find the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Deadline: 29 Feb 2024