Adam Smith International
Position: Regional Engagement Coordinator
Duration: Long-term position
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: Head of Regional Engagement
Closing date: 11:59pm (Bangkok time) on Thursday 29 February 2024
Partnerships for Infrastructure (P4I) is an Australian Government initiative partnering with Southeast Asia to drive sustainable, inclusive, and resilient growth through quality infrastructure. P4I partners with Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
P4I works with partners to strengthen infrastructure decision-making and practice across the transport, energy, utilities and telecommunications sectors. P4I’s focus is on the early stages of the infrastructure lifecycle, including planning and prioritisation, financing strategy, and procurement.
The 4 main services offered by P4I are linkages with Australian government agencies and other institutions, technical and policy advice, infrastructure project advice and knowledge-sharing and learning. As the foundation of quality infrastructure, P4I also integrates gender equality, disability, and social inclusion, and disaster risk reduction and climate change considerations into all activities.
Delivered through a single team, P4I is led by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in collaboration with EY, Adam Smith International, The Asia Foundation and Ninti One.
P4I has a regional program office in Bangkok, with staff also located in Australia and each partner country. More information about P4I is available at www.partnershipsforinfrastructure.org
This position is open to Thai nationals only.
The Regional Engagement Coordinator position forms part of the Regional Engagement Team, which develops and manages P4I’s strategies for engaging with P4I’s partner countries in collaboration with DFAT. The role supports relationship management with Australian Embassies around the region and provides advice and support to P4I’s technical activity teams.
The anticipated salary is 70,000 – 100,000 THB/month or equivalent based on qualifications and experience.
The position holder will:
- Coordinate the Regional Engagement team’s secretariat functions for regular P4I program meetings. This includes scheduling meetings in coordination with all participants, preparing agendas, drafting meeting minutes, and monitoring and reporting on action items.
- Prepare briefings, formal correspondence, and activity outlines for the P4I Program Executive, Australian Embassies and/or DFAT in Canberra as directed by Country Engagement Managers.
- Provide research and analytical support, for example on P4I partner country policies, institutions, and activities of development partners, such as the World Bank or Asian Development Bank. This may include desk-based research or interviews with stakeholders.
- Support coordination of regional program events, such as workshops, dialogues, and training delivery. This involves liaising with activity stakeholders, developing briefing notes, agendas, presentations and other communication materials.
- Assist with stakeholder liaison e.g. organising meetings with government counterparts, collecting information from stakeholders.
- Contribute to P4I program planning and reporting, in particular preparation of Annual Workplans and Program Performance Reports.
- Administer, maintain, and use activity information management systems through Microsoft SharePoint. This includes leveraging information in these systems to prepare briefings and reports.
- Qualifications and professional experience in a relevant discipline (preferably in international development, economics, public policy and/or public finance).
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a bilateral or multilateral development assistance organisation or program is preferred.
- Strong (qualitative and quantitative) analytical, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of standard office software and experience with database applications strongly preferred (e.g. Microsoft SharePoint, PowerBI and PowerAutomate).
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing a range of tasks under tight timelines with competing priorities.
- Excellent liaison and coordination skills.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and a short covering note in an email with subject “[Candidate Name] – Regional Engagement Coordinator” to [email protected]. Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm (Bangkok time) on Thursday 29 February 2024. Due to the high volume of applications for P4I positions, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
This position will be recruited through Adam Smith International (ASI). ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention, and development of a diverse range of talented people. Women, people with disabilities, Indigenous and ethnic minority groups, and nationals of P4I’s partner countries are encouraged to apply. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.