Other possible work locations :Any country where CARE USA operates in the East & Central Africa (ECA) and Southern Africa (SA) Regions.
The Regional Change & Deployment Manager for East & Central Africa (ECA) and Southern Africa (SA) Regionsis a role sitting within the Transformation team at CARE USA that has been created to deliver a number of high priority global projects implementing new systems and business processes across CARE’s 40 country offices.
The Regional Change & Deployment Manager has responsibility for managing the change & deployment activities for these priority projects across a number of locations. They are responsible for ensuring all key office stakeholders understand CARE’s Change Management methodology and its application, facilitating and supporting the offices with each project rollout , ensuring active office engagement and ownership to achieve a successful implementation.
For 2024/25 the role will be responsible for completing change and deployment activities relating to different global priority projects, which may include Job Architecture, Supply Chain Transformation and Matrixed Management Way of Working.
This will include supporting a designated portfolio of country offices across the ECA and SA Regions. At least 25% of the time is expected to be spent travelling to support country offices.)
Change & deployment implementation
- Facilitate the development of high-quality change and deployment country plans per project, which fully addresses the roll out and consolidation into business as usual.
- Carry out country-level change impact assessments to ensure change plans are appropriately localised.
- Ensure a full understanding of business processes and systems to be implemented.
- Proactively identify risks, ensure these are addressed and mitigated by the country, regional or center office.
Engagement with Regional & Country colleagues
- Engage with relevant country staff and stakeholders, encouraging a culture of taking responsibility for both resolving issues and celebrating successes.
- Influence and oversee increased transparency on project progress, reporting independently on country status via the Deputy Director of Change Delivery.
- Proactively interact with all necessary stakeholders who can support preparation, roll out and consolidation per country.
Change Management Training & Support
- Train and coach relevant country and regional office staff in CARE’s change management methodology.
- Outside of supporting Transformation deployments, provide change management support to country offices that are wanting to manage their own internal changes (an office restructure).
Support improvement of CARE’s change management methodology
- Contribute towards the continued improvement of CARE’s change management methodology by sharing lessons learned and best practice with the Director of Transformation Delivery.
- Facilitate in the sharing of project experiences and issues among the Transformation Team.
- A Master’s degree in a related field (Communications/Journalism/Marketing, organizational development, change management, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years’ practical experience in change management of large scale and complex transformational change initiatives, preferably within an INGO setup or multinational organizations.
- Demonstrated experience and capability of leading, facilitating and influencing change and the delivery of major projects affecting business processes and systems in the field.
- Proven ability to work in a large complex and highly networked matrix organization and influence through ‘soft power.’
- Previous experience of and highly effective in, the guiding and coaching of others towards successful delivery.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected].
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Starting salaries are based on internal equity, candidate experience, and the cost of labor where the job is based. Salaries listed only apply to jobs based in the US.
Deadline: 13 Mar 2024