International Rescue Committee
The Refugee School Impact (RSI) Specialist is responsible for IRC Wichita’s refugee youth programming in alignment with organizational goals. The RSI Specialist focus3w on bridging the cultural and linguistic gap between home/refugee families and school as a liaison. The activities include building the strong partnership with Wichita Public School to design and develop programs and services, providing individual support to families/students during school year and coordinating Youth Summer Program. In addition, the Refugee School Impact Specialist is responsible for ensuring program compliance and meeting programmatic outcomes.
· Develop activities and provide all coordination of RSI programming for existing refugee families/students;
· Establish and manage positive partnerships with Wichita Public School and work in tandem with them to ensure the program is improving interactions between refugee families/students and the schools;
· Coordinate with IRC’s Resettlement, Economic Empowerment, and Safety and Wellness departments for potential client referrals;
· Train and supervise AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates and volunteers to meet the programmatic goals;
· Plan, coordinate and facilitate IRC Youth Summer Program and RSI Summer Academy;
· Create and manage relevant community partnerships;
· Document program activities, client participation and progress, adhering to grant requirements;
· Submit monthly reports, grant narrative and outcome reporting on time, correctly to donors;
· Ensure grant compliance by reviewing new grant documents, implementing necessary changes, training volunteers and enforcing grant guidelines and procedures;
· Attend regularly scheduled meetings with other IRC staff and volunteers as part of the review, evaluation and program maintenance process;
· Other related duties as assigned
· Undergraduate degree required, studies in education, teaching, English language acquisition or similar field preferred.
· Minimum of one (1) year experience working with students required; public school, ESL experience preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation creation
· Proven ability to take initiative, creatively problem solve and lead with versatility in a fast-paced work environment
· Ability to engage youth from vulnerable backgrounds including refugee youth in long-term service delivery
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
· Proven experience in using data and tracking systems
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
· Strategic, creative, problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
· Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for home visits.
· Flexible availability necessary
· A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: