MacFadden, an Amentum company, is seeking a Mid-level Acquisition and Assistance (A&A) Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to support USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). BHA leads and coordinates the U.S. Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The Bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards.
The A&A QA Specialist reports to the QA Team Lead or designee in BHA’s Office of Humanitarian Business and Management Operations (HBMO) A&A Division, with formal supervisory and evaluation functions performed by a Macfadden contract supervisor.
The A&A QA Specialist will:
- Support BHA A&A staff in the drafting of effective statements of work, program descriptions, evaluation criteria, applications instructions, and other supporting documents for notices of funding opportunities and requests for proposals/applications.
- Support complex, highly specialized competitive acquisition, and assistance solicitations throughout the entire procurement life cycle from pre-award to selection.
- In collaboration with Sr. A&A Advisors, resolve and respond to complex, highly specialized program issues and questions relating to acquisition and assistance policies and procedures.
- Provide coordination support in translating acquisition and assistance policy, guidance, and processes into business systems and data management recommendations, interventions, and Bureau implementation strategies.
In support of the overall A&A Division:
- Provide guidance to BHA staff on federal and USAID award making and management issues, consulting regulations and policies such as the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), and USAID Automated Directive Series (ADS).
- Upon direction from the supervisor, research, review, analyze, and/or interpret current and new acquisition and assistance statutes, regulations, policies, or procedures to ensure consistent adherence to USG and USAID requirements.
- Provide support in the identification, creation, and execution of short- and/or long-term solutions to address acquisition and assistance challenges.
- Support the development of BHA-specific assistance and acquisition tools, policies, guidelines, and resources to manage procurements in collaboration with other key BHA stakeholders, including but not limited to the two A&A Division teams (QA and Policy, Guidance, and Training), as well as teams across USAID.
- Communicate BHA policy guidance, templates, memos, and resources to BHA staff in a manner easily understood to ensure compliance.
- Support the documentation of best practices and lessons learned to strengthen internal office pre and post award processes/systems.
- Support capacity-building in understanding applicable USG and USAID regulations and policies for more effective award making and management.
- Provide support in the creation, publishing, disseminating, and archiving of acquisition and assistance award management documents and information products such as but not limited to policies, procedures, briefings and presentations, guidelines, policy papers, thematic briefs, talking points, job aides, user manuals, newsletters, and other forms of documentation.
- Contribute to internal strategies and work plans and participate in BHA and USAID working groups as needed to ensure that BHA assistance and acquisition needs are reflected in deliverables.
- With the Team Leader, identify ways to actively build and sustain an equitable and inclusive work environment where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued.
- Support the Team Leader in creating an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, strong team cohesion and workplace collaboration, and promoting and cultivating high team morale.
- Support division activities to advise, guide, and train staff on team processes, templates, and standard operating procedures.
- Support quality assurance on final work products. Ensure accurate and error free work products of the team. This includes information associated with data calls with short turnaround times and complex reports created and used to track the flow of work related to the team’s portfolio.
- Contribute to other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Facility Access Clearance (FAC) or Secret Security Clearance issued by the US Government for the duration of your employment on this contract.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience or Master’s degree and 6 years of experience.
- Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), USAID Automated Directives System (ADS), Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars, or other directives governing Acquisition Contracts or Assistance Awards.
- Understanding of current best practices and tools related to federal acquisition and assistance procedures.
- Experience working with U.S. Government Agencies.
- Knowledge of award making or management processes, including use of information management systems.
- Knowledge of pre-solicitation documents, development of evaluation factors, and evaluation of applicants or offerors submissions.
- Knowledge of procurement lifecycle phases, various types of procurement mechanisms and methods, market research, and applicable contract laws and regulations; determines resource requirements, develops long and short-term strategies to procure equipment or services, and coordinates with customers and stakeholders; is able to identify sources
- Ability to interpret, communicate and summarize acquisition and assistance findings and recommendations to non-technical professionals.
- Ability to participate in consultative processes involving a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare products independently with appropriate content and minimal errors in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative team environment, respectful of diversity and that promotes inclusion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing reports and analyzing data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
How to apply
www.amentum.com– search for R0082022- Quality Assurance Specialist
or click below: