International Rescue Committee
Job Summary: Accurate data, data analysis and representation are central to the successful operation of any non-profit organization. The IRC in Oakland utilizes multiple data systems, The Quality Assurance and Data Specialist is a fulltime position that will work primarily on data entry, quality assurance and analysis, ensuring consistency in data accuracy across the IRC’s and the county’s data reporting platforms. This position will also support the Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) program funded through Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services and Preferred Communities program funded through the Office of Refugee Resettlement. The position will conduct ongoing analysis of client information, identify gaps, and create outcome reports to monitor program progress and effective for the purpose of reporting to funders and key stakeholders.
- Record and correct case notes and data points in databases and data tracking platforms specific to the organization such as ETO along with those specific to funders as related to direct service, outreach, psycho-education, case management, counseling and referral services;
- Collaborate with program staff to ensure timely entry of data and services including; client demographics, intakes, financial vouchers, follow-ups, referrals, job placement, job training and screening outcomes into systems;
- Assist in data entry backlog when needed in different databases across programs
Data Quality and Analysis (for Oakland and NorCal Development team)
- Ensure data integrity across programs, including maintaining unduplicated client records and running regularly scheduled reports to identify missing and/or inaccurate data;
- Support with compiling data and deliverables for program reports for funder and other key stakeholders;
- Provide data visualization in the form of graphs and tables to clearly show program outcomes and progress;
- Attend all relevant trainings regarding data Quality Assurance and Analysis as mandated by HQ and funders;
- Support in internal/external audits, monitoring and evaluations across programs/departments
- Create and improve data tracking systems across all programs
- Support in the conduction of client survey and feedback
- Conduct financial reconciliation as needed
- Support in training staff/interns/volunteers on relevant software systems and databases
- Providing updates on changes to systems and databases to the office.
- Support in troubleshooting issues related to databases and systems as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Data and Quality Assurance Coordinator
Internal: Data and Quality Assurance Specialist will develop working relationships with internal direct service staff and program leads
- Training in data systems management, data science or related field
- 2+ years of related professional work preferably in a social service, academic, research, or evaluation environment
- Experience with social service case management or program management software, client relationship management, relational databases, or other information systems for client management
- Experience with data management systems demonstrating skills related to reporting and tracking.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis software and Power BI a plus.
- Understanding of strategies to safeguard client data
- Proven experience with donor reporting and data visualization
- Strong data management skills, with ability to conduct basic data analysis from different sources
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong experience in MS Excel preferred
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to work productively and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively handling multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail (excellent proofreading and editing skills).
- Ability to work flexibly both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with fluency in English.
- Strong critical thinking capabilities with an ability to rapidly assess situational needs, develop problem solving strategies, and implement sustainable solutions.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: The IRC offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. All US employees are eligible for sick time, a 403b retirement savings plans: up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus an 3-7% additional IRC contribution, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
In addition, full-time employees are eligible for 10 US paid holidays, 20-25 paid time off days, disability & life insurance, medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee contribution starting at $135, $7, and $5 per month respectively) and FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs. Part-time employees are eligible for a proportionate amount of paid time off. These additional benefits apply to employees who work at least 6 months within a 12-month time period.
How to apply