About ICS SP
We work towards a better future for children. Together with families, communities and other stakeholders, we initiate programmes that create safe and nurturing environments for them. We are looking for individuals with a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of children and young people to join us in our journey of building stronger, capable and connected families where children are well nurtured and enabled to realize their hopes and aspirations. Visit www.icsafrica-sp.org to learn more about us.
About the Project
ICS SP is recruiting for the position of Project Officer – Parenting and Child Protection, to support the Positive Parenting Programme activities in Wajir County. The program layers on existing social protection, nutrition and ECD interventions and aims at building the capacity of different frontline workforce teams to train and sensitize parents & and caregivers on parenting and child Protection.
Function Title: Project officer – Positive Parenting and Child Protection
Purpose of function:
The project officer will provide technical leadership, coordinate the implementation of project activities, based on required standard operating procedures, and implementation guidelines of the parenting programme. She/he will coordinate partnership efforts with various stakeholders and support the capacity building of different project actors and beneficiaries. She/he will support project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
Summary of roles and responsibilities
- Develop and implement project plans as per stipulated timelines.
- Network and cultivate working relationships with various Government and non-government stakeholders and ensure their meaningful involvement in the project at the county level .
- Support in the recruitment and provide training to project stakeholders and project beneficiaries on parenting strategies and interventions, including providing training to different levels of workforce to deliver the positive parenting programme.
- Provide support supervision and mentorship support for trained project beneficiaries
- Contribute to the adaptation of the national parenting programme, SOPs, and service referral mechanisms and targeted materials on parenting for different paraprofessional groups
- Conduct day-to-day monitoring, collate lessons learnt, and success factors and facilitate dissemination at different levels
- Prepare periodic reports and records on project activities on a timely basis
- Support administrative functions of the project in project locations: procurement, office administration, supplier relations, liquidation of expenses etc.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Desired qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social sciences, community development, public development, ECD or related disciplines. Master’s degree in related disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of professional field experience in parenting, ECD and child development, child protection programming
- Demonstrated understanding of government structures and systems.
- Relevant community development, engagement and mobilization skills
- Excellent training, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of, community, Government and non-government stakeholders.
- Relevant experience in working with and training frontline workers and families.
- Solid understanding of planning, budgeting and project reporting
- Proven ability to manage self.
- A sound understanding of working in refugee settings is an added advantage.
How to apply
ICS SP absolute priority is protecting children, vulnerable communities and our staff. We have zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children and other people in the communities we serve, either committed by our staff or others connected to our work. Successful applicants will be required to sign and adhere to our safeguarding, child protection and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) code of conduct and policies.
If you are a professional with a passion for making a difference in children’s and young people’s lives, send your application letter and resume to [email protected]. Open until the 25TH of February 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for as the subject of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.