Acción contra el Hambre España
Duration : 5 months
Start date : 26-Feb-2024
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Manage, coordinate, and implement the activities related to Food, Security, and Livelihood of the “Building Capacities for Inclusive Disaster Preparedness for Local Resilience in Areas at High Risk of Natural and Human-Induced Hazards in BARMM.
Commit to abide and promote the organization’s Charter of Principles, Code of Conduct, ethical policies (Safeguarding, Harassment, Anti-Bribery, Fraud, Corruption, etc.), sectorial policies and security protocols.
Be available to respond to any emergency response assessments or projects should there be a need.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Project Management
- To manage, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate all the activities in Action Against Hunger result under the Project particularly in the areas of food security and livelihoods, strengthening resilience, incorporation of resilient livelihoods in the DRRM/Development plans/AIP and initiate risk transfers modalities in partnership with government and/or the private sectors.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the Project activities in coordination with the Technical Coordinator, Head of Project
- Coordinate with the Local Government Units including the provincial, municipal and barangays and other stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of the planned activities
- Support the mission in identifying possible partners in the Philippines to be engaged in projects/programs
- Lead in the orientation and or capacity building of the partner LGU and other stakeholders
- Participate and contribute in all the FSL partner initiatives under the projects in the areas of operations
- Systematically assess FSL context and related issues in the implementation areas in the country and develop and propose ideas to the mission. This will include innovative approaches, systems, technology in FSL.
- Assess the relevance and feasibility of other interventions in the area, following mission strategy in coordination with the Mission Management team and in discussions with various stakeholders in the humanitarian sphere and other relevant actors.
- Ensure and maintain the working relationship with the local partner while mainstreaming the Project activities within its structures
- Participate in meetings with the relevant stakeholders and consortium partners as needed and requested by line manager
- Develop and maintain relationships with key DRR/CCA and FSL stakeholders at a technical level, including donors, government authorities, international and local organizations, partners, beneficiaries and other external actors in the field.
- Provide data and information/inputs for any communication in the DRR/CCA and FSL sector
- Participate at technical level in negotiations with external actors in coordination with the line manager
- Any other task required to achieve the Project objective.
Objective 2: Reporting & Security
- Adhere to the Mission Reporting system and submit on time the reports requested
- Respect the Security rules of ACF and coordinate with the Head of Base for any security issues relating to work
- Consolidate annual technical reports
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- A degree in social science, environmental science, natural resource management, economics, agriculture and fisheries, business and marketing or other related discipline (master’s degree an advantage),
- General DRR and FBF/FBEA/AA
- Food Security and Resilient livelihoods trainings
- Technical Specific Knowledge:
- Should be able to work independently and with minimal supervision from HOP, DRR/CCA Coordinator, FSL Coordinator and other relevant coordinators related to the Project.
- Adept with the current state of DRR and CCA and FSL in the country. Basic Knowledge in Anticipatory Action processes
- Strong facilitation skills on capacity building related to Food Security and Livelihoods.
- At least 2 years in a similar position.
- Strong experience in Food, Security, and Livelihoods with functional knowledge on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management; capacity building and project management; AA project management experience
- Project and fiscal management
- Management in insecure context with capacity to face a stressful situations
- Geographical context knowledge is preferred
- Excellent in written and spoken English and Tagalog (local language in the working area is an asset).
- Computer skills in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet)
- Willing to be based in the areas of operation and able to travel extensively in the Project areas
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality and child rights or personal commitment to gender equality and child rights.
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation based on Action Against Hunger salary grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: Health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlements, government-mandated benefits
- Project-based employment
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply to the link provided below on or before 08 March 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action Against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.