War Child Canada
Position Title: Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Manager, BRIDGE project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda, with regular field travel
Contract Terms: 2 years renewable
Reporting to: Country Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Management Responsibility: BRIDGE Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability Officers
Position Summary: The Project MEAL Manager is a project-based role that reports and works closely with the Country MEAL Manager. S/he will lead the development, management, and maintenance of a comprehensive and functional MEAL system to successfully measure the progress and impact of the BRIDGE project.
-. Lead M&E capacity building, by deepening the understanding and use of Theory of change and result frameworks among project leadership, implementing teams, young people, and other stakeholders to support result-based mobilization, implementation, and evidence-based reporting.
-Lead in the development, adaptation, and utilization of appropriate MEAL tools, including mobile data collection, and databases management for effective performance indicator monitoring and feedback provision to staff and stakeholders.
-Lead the development of integrated annual monitoring plans in consultation with program staff and ensure regular monitoring of activities and outputs takes place in all locations of the project, with regular data quality verification and validation.
– Spearhead the planning and execution of data collection, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of the project’s assessments and evaluations. Joint reviews with participating young people and internal staff are a key component of this, for ownership and responsiveness.
-Generate updates on key performance indicators in the indicator tracking sheet and coordinate the implementation of quality assurance and control systems to ensure data accuracy, validity, and integrity.
-Support the project team and partners on conducting evaluative youth space engagements for lessons learned and impact story capture and ensuring, along with the project director, that lessons learned are integrated into project design and implementation and budgets on a going concern basis.
-Together with the Project Director, review all project write ups (including concepts) and partners’ progress reports to ensure compliance to results framework and donor reporting requirements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, International Development, Quantitative Economics, or Statistics, or other related courses. Post-graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive work experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or direct implementation of development programs with NGOs in at least one of War Child Canada’s programming sectors (education, livelihoods, justice), including youth entrepreneurship.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience in use of Theory of change and Result Frameworks as tools and approaches to guiding project implementation and reporting.
- Good understanding and demonstrated experience in using and promoting on-line or mobile data collection systems among users, including data analysis software.
- Demonstrated experience of working with education or entrepreneurship programs for young people or Small and Medium Enterprises’ support in rural or urban areas
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae and an accompanying cover letter as one Ms -Word or PDF document saved in your names _ position title, location electronically to:
Please, visit https://www.warchild.ca/get-involved#careersfor more details about this job
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Position Title –location and [insert your name]’