Aga Khan Foundation
AKF Tajikistan is seeking a Project Manager to manage the implementation, coordination, monitoring, and reporting of an anticipated project “Strengthening the PHC services through community engagement”. The incumbent is expected to manage the quality implementation of project activities in an integrated manner within the target districts of GBAO, Khatlon, Sughd and the Region of Republic Subordinate. The position holder will report to Programme Lead, Health and Nutrition at AKF Tajikistan.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and develop a detailed implementation plan (DIP) for the entire period with yearly breakdown of the project in line with donor approved project documents (proposal, budget, log frame, etc.) and the grant agreement. Review and update DIP including budgeting on annual basis.
- Ensure that gender equality and women’s empowerment (GEWE), safeguarding, environmental protection, and disaster risk reduction is mainstreamed and adequately considered in project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Organize and facilitate the project inception and other regular coordination meetings between the project team, stakeholders; document and share meeting notes.
- Manage the effective implementation of approved project DIP and promote an integrated approach and effectiveness between/across the project components.
- Ensure delivery of project activities on schedule, on budget and in accordance with the project agreement and subsequent plans/budgets agreed to with the donor.
- Conduct regular compliance controls and ensure the project activities are planned and implemented according to AKF Tjk and donor requirements.
- Contribute to initiatives that foster Health Sector Reform and improved health status for communities in project areas.
- Provide regular and adhoc updates to line manager and/or other AKF senior management team (SMT) members on project progress and seek their feedback, advise on relevant issues.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Knowledge Management and Dissemination
- In coordination with AKF Tjk Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Unit (MERLU) and Programme Lead, Health and Nutrition at AKF Tjk, develop a monitoring, evaluation and knowledge sharing plan, data collection tools, processes complaint to approved project documents and AKF systems.
- In coordination with MERLU and Safeguarding manager, develop and introduce the complaint reporting mechanisms in place within projects locations with various range of channels for beneficiaries, stakeholders safely to report.
- Facilitate the process where AKF Tjk MERLU provides timely capacity building and information session, support to all implementing partners team on project level monitoring, evaluation and knowledge sharing plan, project measurement framework expectations, roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge sharing plan of the project is implemented timely and effectively so its products, reports meet the requirements of AKF and project donor.
- Conduct regular scheduled or ad-hoc field visits to promote and supervise efficient, effective, and quality implementation of the project activities in the field. Following the field visits arrange debrief meetings with partners and share the visit findings, recommendations in written.
- Monitor the whole project progress as well as contractors’ construction work quality and timely implementation.
- Ensure that the project progress, status as well as actuals against indicator targets are updated by project team in Awards Information Management System (AIMS) of AKF on quarterly and annual basis.
- Organize, facilitate, and participate in knowledge sharing events, sessions using the best practices, lessons documented.
- Participate and contribute to community of practice discussions, webinars organized by AKF Global Programme Team related to Health, Nutrition, and other relevant topics. Participate and contribute to knowledge, experience sharing within AKF/AKDN.
- Coordinate and organize senior and working-level site-visits for project donor and government officials.
Coordination, communication, and reporting
- Coordinate with relevant government agencies, oblast, and district authorities as well as other stakeholders on project planning, implementation, knowledge sharing.
- In coordination with communications officer, develop communications and visibility (C&V) plan in line with AKF and project donor communications and visibility guidelines. Incorporate specific actions from C&V plan into the annual DIP of project and ensure their timely and effective implementation.
- In coordination with communications officer, develop high quality communication materials including case studies, success stories, press releases, factsheets, photography, video materials/films on project activities and publish, disseminate in relevant channels upon sign off from AKF and project donor.
- Support the Programme Lead, Health, and Nutrition and AKF partnerships team in donor communications, reporting.
- In coordination with the Programme Lead, Health and Nutrition, project team, AKF Tjk partnerships and finance units, develop high quality donor reports.
- Support the Programme Lead, Health, and Nutrition on preparation and submission of accurate project reporting and information sharing to government, and/or other stakeholders.
- Participate and contribute to the recruitment of the project team to ensure smooth project delivery across functions.
- Support the development of individualized monthly work plans, track, and review staff performance.
- Supervise project staff by providing input, feedback, guidance, and direction.
- Identify capacity building needs to enhance relevant technical and managerial skills.
- Perform other duties, consistent with AKF’s policies and strategies, as requested by the Programme Lead, Health, and Nutrition.
- Degree in health, social sciences, or related discipline.
Special skills & knowledge
- Strong experience in working with the national and local health institutions, management of the stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work in a team, demonstrate professionalism through a style of mutual accountability
- Good knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Good knowledge of log frame management and indicators.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills in English ,Tajik and Russian.
- Ability to manage complex issues and problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize diverse tasks and actions.
- Problem ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Experience developing communication materials in English.
- Ability to work/communicate with project and other key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to understand and meet the needs of different audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- At least four years of relevant programme/project coordination and monitoring and evaluation experience
How to apply
A cover letter (2 pages maximum) and resume (2 pages maximum) clearly demonstrating how applicants meet essential qualifications and asset criteria should be submitted to: AKF Human Resources Department at [email protected] with “Project Manager PHC” in the subject line by no later than 7 July 2022. Only full packages will be considered.
Note: This recruitment is subject to project funding approval.
AKF strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. AKF seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities and that staff members are able to keep an appropriate balance between work and private life.
For more information on the Aga Khan Foundation and Aga Khan Development Network visit: http://www.akdn.org.
AKF Tajikistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity, safeguarding of children from abuse and zero tolerance of sexual harassment.
By sharing their cover letter and resume with AKF in response to this job application, applicants consent for AKF to keep this information on file for recruitment and human resources management purposes.