Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
GAIN is seeking for a Project Manager – Digitization, Food Fortification to support with coordinating the set-up and implementation of the Digital QAQC System in India. This role is offered on a 2 years fixed-term contract, subject to availability of funding. The position will be based in our GAIN India office in New Delhi, India.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
The Project Manager will act as the focal point in India for the Digitization/Digital Technology (“Digital QAQC System”).
You will be responsible for leading the coordination of in-country partners, stakeholders, end-users, supporting the set-up and implementation of the Digital QAQC System and informing the design and sustainability of the Digital QAQC System at the production facilities and at government and monitoring agencies.
The Project Manager will also provide hands-on support to users of the system and will be considered the expert/focal point linking the local users of the system on any trouble shooting issues with the Consortium/developers of the system.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Supporting a thorough landscaping of the data and stakeholders involved along the fortification value chain in India including providing updated lists on producers/locations in India
- Arranging and supporting Consortium on carrying out a needs assessment for government and monitoring agencies on type of information needed for decision making on fortification programs, mapping of data collected currently at production and market level
- Providing training on the use of devices included in the Digital QAQC system for oil fortification, training on Digital QAQC system software
- Supporting installation and setting up software, devices and user interface at production and government level
- Enabling a constant flow of communication between the consortium and the producers, their directors, and any leadership and mills/refinery associations in the country
- Supporting the LSFF team in the implementation of other grant related activities and monitoring through onboarding and coordination with implementing agencies and consultants
- Working closely with government stakeholders and state levels to collaborate, ensuring buy-in, providing periodic programmatic updates, and incorporate feedback
- Leading in developing progress reports, annual reports and as part of GAIN’s internal QUAD project management process
You should have solid experience as a project manager and will have proven experience working in technology (IT), working with IT experts and experience in driving digital projects with knowledge of agile project management approaches.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated competency and past work in setting up digital infrastructure at local agencies, providing training and supporting with IT trouble shooting.
You should be capable to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines. Education background in IT, Digital/Technology Management, Data Science, Digital Engineering, or related fields is highly desirable.
About our Offer
The salary on offer for this role is from INR 1,092,444 – INR 1,249,668 per annum. A higher increment maybe available for exceptional candidates depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This advert closes on the 28th June 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in India. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas or relocations.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the following link: