Under the general supervision of the Humanitarian Project Manager, the incumbent is required to carry out support missions in the field, particularly in MOPTI and in the regions and could be asked to be deployed on a short-term or permanent basis in the regions depending on operational circumstances and at the request of the project manager. The incumbent is responsible for complying with security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the United Nations and UNOPS security management system.
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Management Support Senior Assistant include, but are not limited to the points mentioned below:
- Work closely with the Humanitarian Project Manager and UNMAS Operations Officers;
- Provide assistance to the Humanitarian Project Coordinator/Humanitarian Project Manager during the project cycle, contributing to the implementation of activities, regular monitoring of humanitarian mine action activities in the field;
- Update the information table detailing all security incidents in his/her area of assignment;
- Carry out field visits, on request, to verify if the information/data is correctly reported;
- Support organizational accreditation activities for partners and potential partners and operational accreditation in Risk Education and Non-Technical Investigations;
- Attend quality assurance visits, participate in evaluations (rapid, baseline or impact);
- Take notes and draft reports during internal meetings of the project team as well as during meetings with external partners;
- Assist in the organization of events related to the Humanitarian project;
- Participate in capitalization and learning activities and in the documentation of successful experiences and lessons learned;
- Receive and treat IMSMA Core forms and follow up with partners in granted regions;
- Prepare task request documents in consultation with the POCMA OPS QA officer and project coordinators;
- Liaise with implementing partners on follow-up points under his/her authority;
- Ensure the administrative follow-up of requests and travel requests with the Support section, in particular Administration and Procurement;
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Humanitarian Project Coordinator/Humanitarian Project Manager.
Education/Experience/Language requirements a. Education:
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with minimum 1 year of relevant work experience; OR
- A high school diploma (Secondary or equivalent) with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience is required.
b. Work Experience
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in humanitarian sector or project management assistance role.
- Within relevant experience, 1 year experience in project management assistance is required.
- Fluent in French (read, write and speak) is required
- Intermediate in English (read, write and speak) is required