ABOUT COMMON GOAL
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet. No other sport boasts such wealth, reach or cultural significance. Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet by forging a lasting connection between football as a business and football as a catalyst for social transformation. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires everyone’s collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate and collaborate in support of our people and planet.
Bottom-up and inside-out, we place all our focus on strengthening local capacity to transform realities, embedding purpose at the heart of the football industry and using football as enabler to inspire a shift in mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a project management intern to join our talented, passionate team as of July 18th, 2022. As our intern, you will support the day to day running of our projects related to peacebuilding and safeguarding, working closely with the Project Management team. This role implies helping us implement the peacebuilding and safeguarding project activities together with the community members who utilise football as means of making a tangible contribution to people and planet. Therefore, this position will require someone who has an eye for detail and is enthusiastic about networking, creative solutions and project management/implementation.
- You support the Project Management Department in all processes around the implementation of tasks related to programs on inclusion through sport, learning peace, and safeguarding in the sport for development sector.
- You work in collaboration with community members who implement activities in different geographies.
- You contribute with creativity on thinking about solutions to run the activities aimed at targeting complex societal issues.
- You are a matriculated university student (until the end of your internship), preferably in an advanced semester.
- You are interested in or experienced with topics like development through sports, safeguarding, peacebuilding, refugees or related topics.
- You have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- You are fluent in English. Advanced knowledge of Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian and/or German are a plus.
- You are located in Germany, ideally Berlin.
- You are a quick learner and enjoy self-managing your tasks.
- You actively listen, are open to others’ ideas and backgrounds, care for your teammates and value integrity.
- You love to get things done and fully identify with our philosophy “it takes a team to win a game”.
- Experience real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks.
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues, flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Make a 3-6-month internship with a monthly remuneration of 450 Euros as of 18 July 2022 your own.
- Last but not least, join an international squad from 18 countries, speaking more than 12 languages, that lives team play every day at its fullest and regularly meets at team events and football sessions.
Do you want to play an active part in driving social change through football on a global level? Then get into the game and join our team!
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application documents (a letter of motivation and your CV) via our online application form by 20 June 2022. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.