ABOUT COMMON GOAL
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet. No other sport boasts such wealth, reach or cultural significance. Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet by forging a lasting connection between football as a business and football as a catalyst for social transformation. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires everyone’s collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate and collaborate in support of our people and planet.
Bottom-up and inside-out, we place all our focus on strengthening local capacity to transform realities, embedding purpose at the heart of the football industry and using football as enabler to inspire a shift in mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Project Management intern to join our talented, passionate team as of March 25th, 2024. As our intern, you will support the day to day running of our community development process working closely with the Community Development team. This role implies helping us identify and incorporate new not-for-profit, social-profit and non-governmental organisations, that utilise football as means of making a tangible contribution to people and planet, into our community. Therefore, this position will require someone who has an eye for detail and is enthusiastic about networking and project management/implementation.
- You support us in all processes around the identification and acceptance of new organisations into the community.
- You research organisations working in the field of football for good.
- You are the first contact person for organisations that would like to become part of the community.
- You assist in the identification and evaluation process of potential members with direct contact to the organisations.
- You support communication services for community members, assist in project management, and maintain our contact database.
- You support our Project Managers on Project Implementation.
- You are a matriculated university student (until the end of this internship), preferably in an advanced semester.
- You are interested in or experienced with topics like development politics, development through sports, interculturalism, social entrepreneurship or related topics.
- You have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, in particular Excel.
- You are fluent in English and Spanish. Advanced knowledge of French, German and/or Portuguese are a plus.
- You are located in Germany, ideally Berlin.
- You are available for to work with us on a full-time basis for three to (ideally) six months.
- You are a quick learner and enjoy self-managing your tasks.
- You are a great listener and team player who enjoys taking responsibility and working in a diverse, culturally rich and inclusive workplace.
- You love to get things done, thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause.
- Experience real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks.
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues, flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Make a 3-6 month internship with a monthly remuneration of 520 Euros, 20 Euro internet allowance and a 30 Euro grocery voucher your own.
- Last but not least, join an international squad from 18 countries, speaking more than 12 languages, that lives team play every day at its fullest and regularly meets at team events and football sessions.
Do you want to play an active part in driving social change through football on a global level? Then get into the game and join our team!
How to apply
Kick things off by submitting your application documents with your CV and a letter of motivation that highlights a few of your key achievements by February 27th, 2024, via our online application form. Please submit your CV and Cover Letter as well as all the information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Deadline: 27 Feb 2024