We are looking for an excellent humanitarian project coordinator with substantial and progressive professional experience in managing humanitarian response programs in either Health or Nutrition sectors within UN, National NGOs, International NGOs and/or Donor agencies, preferably in fragile environments to fill in the role of Project Coordinator in CAR. The Project Coordinator will be based in Alindao (80%) with regular support visits to all WFP project sites. The Project Coordinator in the first three months works in collaboration with the Project Coordinator based in Bambari to ensure good technical coordination and monitoring at the level of the WFP regional office – Bambari.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of FGD Food Coupons and Malnutrition Prevention WFP project. He/She will lead the implementation of the project co-financed by PAM/TF in the administrative zone of Alindao, prefecture – Basse Kotto and will be under the supervision of the Programme Director in the management and effective implementation of activities and budgetary monitoring of the project.
The Project Coordinator leads and manages the operational team and is in contact with Tearfund partners in Alindao and in the Basse Kotto administrative zone. As Tearfund representative at the project site, he/she is responsible for representation to the Tearfund WFP Project Manager’s partner organizations, local authorities and donors, as well as coordination with other NGOs and agencies of the United Nations. The Project Coordinator is responsible for implementing the project’s quality and accountability commitments (both operational and to partners) and ensuring that Tearfund policies and procedures are respected by the project staff.
Do you have?
- leadership and management experience including extensive experience in senior management roles with project and budget experience responsibilities.
- Work experience with a Project Management approach in fragile contexts. Experience living and working in CAR is a plus.
- Relevant field level experience in supporting project teams on full project cycle technical needs (design, implementation, M&E, lessons learned) and reporting
- Experience in finance and procurement, strong understanding of systems and tools for financial planning and budgeting (including excel), and results monitoring;
- Experience in oversight and working alongside national partner organizations and capacity building skills
- Team working experience and ability to engage staff in fostering effective government and donor relations
- Proven security management experience
- Donor grant management and line management experience
- Experience and sensitivity tested in diverse cultures
Do you have:
- Ability and experience in working with Government, multilateral agencies, civil society organizations and development partners to identify problems/obstacles and develop/implement practical solutions.?
- Fluency in spoken and written French language
- Ability to work under your own initiative and make decisions within a clear systems framework?
- Ability to work cross-culturally and build relationships with staff across multiple locations?
- Fluent in spoken and written French language and working English?
- a committed Christian with a personal relationship with God and will be committed to Tearfund’s Mission, Values and Beliefs?
- willing to travel and live in basic conditions?
Do you share in Tearfund’s vision to see all people freed from poverty, living transformed lives, and reaching their God-given potential?
Then we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
Note: Due to the urgency of the position, applications submitted will be shortlisted on a rolling basis, should there be suitable candidates, the position may be filled before the deadline for applications.
How to apply
Deadline: 15 Feb 2024