EnCompass LLC is seeking a Project Assistant to provide proactive, customer-focused administrative, operations, and programmatic support for the Gender & Inclusive Development team and projects. As a member of the company’s Project Operations and Management (POM) Function, the Project Assistant will ensure that EnCompass delivers the highest quality of work in response to client needs and internal company needs. The Project Assistant will support programs and internal management of the Gender and Inclusive Practices team.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys being part of a team and collaborating with others, has strong admin skills, likes planning and organizing, and can work independently and has an interest in international development.
This is a full-time position located at the EnCompass principal office in Silver Spring, Maryland, and follows the EnCompass flexible hybrid work model with split time between telework and the office. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship for a work visa or permit.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day administrative support
- Support planning and coordinating meetings and offsite events, including hotel, meal and event details and requirements
- Maintain SharePoint files and Google Drives and communications sites/fora for the Gender & Inclusive Development Team and assigned projects
- Provide file management support, including project records and other project related knowledge management.
- Support internal communications and team cohesion through ensuring knowledge sharing and communication across project activities
- Assist with the development, formatting and editing of proposal products (including resumes, annex materials)
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Provide effective and timely logistical support to staff and consultants for courses, including domestic and international travel arrangements, production and reproduction of training materials, shipping, etc.
- Assist in creating and maintaining team and project calendars of deliverables and events. Support meeting scheduling and virtual meeting space reservations.
- Maintain meeting notes and identification of action items to ensure timely follow-up
- Work closely with clients and participants in organizing workshops (e.g., drafting communications, sending welcome letters, responding to questions, etc.)
- Assist with the implementation of learning events in Washington D.C., virtually, and overseas
- Support training evaluation and gender analysis data collection, entry, analysis, and report-writing
- Maintain project records, project related KM and disseminate information about project results
- Process invoices and travel expenses; support finance department in the purchase and payment of products and services
- Support production and implementation of face-to-face workshops and vILT sessions and other learning events on Adobe Connect, Zoom, Webex, Google Meet, and other virtual learning software
- Minimum of a High School diploma and 3 years of experience working in an office in an admin role or an Associate’s degree and 2 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience working in an office
Experience and Skills
- Interest in international development, gender, and social inclusion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work within defined standard operating procedures and adhere to quality guidelines
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and strong time management skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as needed
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Basic skills in operational processes
- Proficiency with all MS Office products, experience with graphics
- Previous experience using Share Point, Teams, and Google Drive strongly preferred
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse aaynd inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.
How to apply
How to Apply
Please, use the link below to apply by submitting CV and cover letter, and complete the application:
The p range for this role allows for the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, certifications, and other business and organizational needs. At EnCompass, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $52,500 – $59,500
Deadline: 28 Mar 2024