With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Programme Technical Director for the Humanitarian Effectiveness Team, your primary role (50%) is deployment to humanitarian emergencies to lead the Programming team which consists of Programme Officer(s), MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning) and Information Management (IM). In responses, you will serve on the Senior Leadership Team and lead the design of the response strategy and operations plan with the Response Director as well as the functions reporting to your position.
Outside of responses, you will lead the following in collaboration with the rest of the Programmes team:
- Key programme strategic initiatives that link global strategy with field practice
- Build capability in the organisation to deploy and undertake programming function in responses.
- University degree in Humanitarian Studies or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years in leadership role in the humanitarian assistance and/or development sector, with a significant portion of this in INGOs.
- Work experience as Sr. Program Officer or Programme Manager at least for 1-3 years in a country other than the home country.
- 8 years’ experience in humanitarian assistance work including significant field presence.
- Experience in program management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- Strong background in programme quality – MEAL – and information management
- Experience working in war zones / fragile contexts
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel and deploy domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time, often at short-notice.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
*Position Location – To be determined by the home country of the successful candidate where World Vision International is registered to operate.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.