Save the Children
As the Programme Support Assistant, you will support the Basra team, in the day-to-day delivery of good practice in SCI services, HR, Finance and Admin. This will involve providing administrative support to operational meetings, supporting changes to services and implementation of juvenile justice projects in line with SCI policies and procedures. To achieve this, S/he will have strong administrative and organisational skills and be able to build and maintain effective relationships with staff across SCI services, the management team and Country office departments. You will work as part of the Operations team and required to be responsive to the requirements of services.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post : None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Provide administrative and Logistical and Financial support to the Basra team in the day-to-day delivery of good practice in services.
* Support the implementation of new projects and new service models in specific locations as required.
* Ensure good channels of communication are maintained with all appropriate SCI colleagues, external professionals, partner agencies, and stakeholders.
* Show excellent team working and a willingness to work flexibly to undertake any task or responsibility that may be appropriate or required
* Assist in reviewing final financial reports and correspondences with implementing partners’ finance departments to ensure that all necessary documentation is provided in accordance with SCI financial reporting guidelines.
Collaboration and Representation
* Gather information from office records to draft e-mails, memos, and other documents
* Establish and maintain work unit files and databases
* Prepare documents, meeting materials, and correspondence
* Coordinate travel arrangements, make reservations, and process reimbursements
* Maintain confidential and/or sensitive information and materials
* May create/maintain government classified documents and files
* Serve as resource to others on a variety of subjects including office equipment, software application usage, and information processing procedures
* Maintain inventory and order/purchase office supplies; arrange for equipment maintenance; process work orders for facilities repairs/needs
* May assist in arranging special events
* Assist with development, design, and production of publications
* Flexibility and ability to work independently and in a team.
* Ability to speak and write in Arabic.
* Good English oral and written communication skills
* Background knowledge in child/ youth protection, MHPSS, child rights and emergencies
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
* holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
* sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
* builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
* values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
* develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* willing to take disciplined risks.
* honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
* Commitment to the mission and values of Save the Children;
* Strong understanding of the situation of the juvenile justice children (girls and boys);
* The ability to think critically and to recommend good solutions to problems.
* Excellent sense of judgment, humour and patience;
* Knowledge of the local language; English language skill is an advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Basic education or adequate equivalent work/life experience
* At least 2 years’ experience in HR and Finance
* Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong Organizational skills;
* Advocacy and coordination skills;
* Good computer skills (MS Office, including familiarity with internet).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmFiZHVscmFoaW0uNzU0NTUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t