VisionFund is World Vision’s microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children.
We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive.
Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Programme Funding Manager, you will develop and manage funding opportunities in 4 selct countries in either Central, East or West Africa, primarily through grants from Bilateral, Corporates, Multilateral, Philanthropists and Partnerships through World Vision National Offices and /or other NGO’s and partners aligned to VisionFund’s strategic focus in the network of microfinance institutions (MFIs) in keeping with strategy and funding priorities.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring donor and partnership retention through effective and efficient compliance and management of third party grant and major donor acquisitions.
- Managing grant and donor funding opportunity pipeline and provide fundraising technical support, capacity building, project monitoring, and donor impact reporting to the Country MFI’s.
- Building, maintaining and strengthening relationships with relevant and key stakeholders such as World Vision Support and National Offices and other identified organisations.
- Leading proposal writing, grant implementation for donor compliance, and maintaining close relationships with MFI project staff in accordance with the organisation’s norms and acceptable practices.
- University degree in either International development, International Relations, International Management, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
- 5-8 years experience in Bilateral, Corporate, Mulitilateral, Philanthropy Fundraising/Business development /grant making in a Corporate or Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Requires 5-8 years in grants, major donor fundraising and corporate management setting dealing with senior management. Experience in microfinance or financial institutions, humanitarian, international development.
- International Management/Relations experience is an important asset, particularly in emerging/developing countries.
- Knowledge of the microfinance sector and rural micro-financing is key.
- Ability to write and speak both English and French is an added advantage.
- Able to travel to remote areas where MFI’s work and internationally. The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% or more of the time.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online.
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.