International Development Law Organization
Overview & Responsibilities
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organisational strategy.
Reporting to the Field Programme Manager, the Program Associate works in close collaboration between IDLO’s Offices (Headquarters and Field Locations) and internal support functions to provide administrative and process assistance to program teams in order to support program delivery.
The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Summary of Functions:
- Provide administrative support to the Program team and ensure process integrity;
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between offices (HQ/Field) and support functions (e.g. HR, Office of the General Counsel, Finance, Procurement);
- Carry out desk research on specific topics in order to provide input to support the development of new proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports, and donor narrative reports.
Key results expected
1. Provide administrative support to the program team and ensure process integrity, including: • Support mission preparation including preparation of Travel Request, visa, etc. • Assist in the on boarding of new Programs staff, including preparing background readings. • Ensure internal IDLO processes are followed including preparation and follow up of Travel Requests, Payment Request, Purchase Requisitions. • Draft meetings minutes, including of calls with external donors/partners. • Organise and maintain master file of program-related data and materials, program record files, technical publications, contracts, etc., to be made available to management when requested. • Support the implementation of consistent templates and tools across the various programs.
2. Support the coordination of work and information flow between offices (HQ/Field) and support functions (e.g., HR, Office of the General Counsel, Finance, Procurement) focusing on the following:
• Support in processing contracts and amendments for Contractors/Consultants. Maintain up to date files and alert the Supervisor of action needed to be taken. • Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure that administrative aspects of new hires are processed. • Provide support to program development including coordinating amongst program teams and support functions. • Coordinate the transmission of draft and narrative reports between offices/units. • Initiate the process of obtaining signatures and approvals of documents, including drafting, and circulating routing slips. • Assist in the organisation of institutional and program events/courses/external visits/presentations and coordinate with other IDLO interested departments about these.
- Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input to support the development of new proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports, and donor narrative reports, including: • Proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports, and donor narrative reports. • Provide input into IDLO publications, communications materials, web content, etc.
Education and Work Experience
• University degree in Development, Law, Business or similar field is required.
• 1-3 years of relevant professional experience, providing program support preferably within international organisations/settings.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments. • Familiarity with standard program and data management tools. • Works well with others and actively participates, works effectively across and within IDLO organisational boundaries. • Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit. • Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. • Ability and willingness to travel to field locations, if necessary. • Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other ICT and internet software. • Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Terms & Conditions
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and funding availability.
In addition, IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary of 1,920,000 , medical insurance, and leave entitlements, including in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station or with permanent resident status or other legal authorisation permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee/intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The General Counsel of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities and determine whether or when an internship position may be filled consistent with business and organizational needs.
How to apply
Programme Associate, Kenya in | Careers at Kenya (icims.com)