German Red Cross
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
The GRC is currently seeking a
Program Manager (m/f/d), Ukraine Crisis, Ukraine
The outbreak of war in Ukraine on 24 February 2022 has caused civilian casualties and destruction of civilian infrastructure, forcing people to flee their homes seeking safety, protection and assistance. As of today, more than 7 million people have crossed the border from Ukraine into neighbouring countries. About 8 million people have been displaced internally within Ukraine. Cash and financial support, food, water, shelter, and access to health services are among the most pressing needs for displaced people.
GRC has been a partner to the Ukraine Red Cross Society (URCS) since the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 and significantly increased its support after the start of the conflict in 2014. Specific focus was on cash and voucher programming. In light of the current armed conflict the GRC adapted its support for the URCS in close coordination with other Movement partners and is currently focussing on health, cash and voucher programming as well as capacity building. GRC supports URCS and its operations through a representational office in Kyiv, an operational office in Lviv, and imbedded staff in regional branches.
GRC is seeking an experienced Program Manager (m/f/d) to support URCS with the implementation and further development of the program activities, mainly funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO).
Starting date: asap Duration: 31.12.2022, extension possible Location: Kyiv, Lviv, Rivne and Volyn Oblasts – might be subject to change
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Advocate for and design integrated operational strategies considering URCS’s respective capacities, ensuring that all components of the response are planned and carried out in a coordinated, collaborative and integrated manner
- Support the operational strategy to develop programme approaches which strengthen the National Society’s structures, capacity, and performance
- Ensure monitoring and management of budgets, ensuring compliance with GRC finance procedures and donor requirements. Identify challenges and implement solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Constantly monitor the situation and overall context and adapt the orientation or set-up of the operation
Required Competencies & Skills:
- University degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of three years of experience in similar positions, working experience with the Red Cross / Crescent Movement, experience with GRC is an asset
- Sound finance, administration, and logistics skills, experience in implementing GFFO projects is an asset
- Knowledge of integrated programming and accountability systems is an advantage
- Excellent skills in MS office application (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process ‘working abroad under specific climate and health conditions’
- International driving licence
- Work permit in EU and Schengen member countries is a strong asset
- Oral and written fluency in English is required, Russian and or Ukrainian are an asset.
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as accommodation. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service and Rest and Recreation are included in your assignment.
How to apply
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system until 27.06.2022.
Please note that due to the travel and visa regulations and the guidelines of our partners in the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement certain vaccinations are required for this delegate position. Candidates on the short-list for this position will be asked to disclose their vaccination status.
We point out that the selection and nomination processes for this international delegate position may demand that information concerning your person be shared with involved Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners (IFRC, ICRC, National Society). This may include transmission into countries that do not apply data protection standards comparable to those of the European Union.