International Republican Institute
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the Europe region.
This is a hybrid role based in Washington, DC.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 0 to 1 year of experience in international development or related field.
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and an interest in project management.
- Demonstrated academic and/or professional experience with the Western Balkans and/or Turkey preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist with procurement actions to support project operations and activities, including contracts and payments.
- Support efforts to monitor project spending and projecting costs.
- Contributes to quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Assist with the development of program monitoring, evaluation, and learning tools, implementation and analysis.
- Update program databases and internal trackers.
- Review and edit weekly highlights from field offices.
- Compile weekly reports from field offices.
- Support IRI’s communication strategy by updating program summaries and other outreach materials (i.e. blogs, social media posts, etc.).
- Follow political developments in assigned countries and contribute toward summarizing/analyzing content in quarterly reports and proposals.
- Participate in program design and strategy brainstorming sessions.
- Participate in business development, including drafting budgets and contributing to proposal narrative.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and events.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Conduct research and analysis to support different programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
Less than 1 year:
Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field. 0 to 1 year of experience in international development or related field. Excellent writing, research, and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
How to apply