IsraAID is an Israel-based non-governmental organization that was founded in 2001
and has since its inception worked in emergency and long-term development
settings in over 55 countries. IsraAID’s mission is to support people affected by
humanitarian crises by partnering with local communities around the world to
provide urgent aid, assist recovery, and reduce the risk of future disasters.
We are seeking to recruit a Procurement and Supply Chain Manager for the South
Sudan Country Office. The job position is based in Juba.
Reporting to the Country Director, the position holder is responsible for overall Procurement
and supply chain responsibilities in the country office and supporting the field offices. The
incumbent will participate in the Country Office’s senior management team meeting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Procurement Management Responsibilities
- Implement procurement functions in accordance with IsraAID and donor guidelines while ensuring strict adherence to policy by programme and support functions.
- Engage with programme staff to provide timely delivery of procurement support to programmes
- Process procurement requests in a timely manner while ensuring completeness, accuracy, and regular follow up in collaboration with programme and finance department
- Execute purchasing functions for goods, services and works of the right quality in the right quantities at the right price delivered to the right place at the right time.
- Ensure that all procurement orders for goods, works and services are delivered, verified, clearly documented and maintain an up to date procurement tracker.
- submit relevant monthly reports in accordance to IsraAID policies and procedures
- Document allocation of assets and ensure that they are tracked, labelled, operated in the most cost-efficient manner, and maintained appropriately
- Ensure proper record keeping, storage and issuing of inventory, physical inventory checks, storage conditions, security and facility maintenance
- In coordination with the direct supervisor, conduct periodic stock taking and physical inspections to ensure accuracy of inventory counts, identify impairments, and take corrective actions in the case of discrepancies and/or stock deterioration. Establish a system to dispose impaired supplies.
- Manage and supervise all IsraAID procurement activities including supply chain, asset and fleet management and material planning.
- Coordinate with all projects and departments, and support as necessary their planning and analysis for improved cost efficiency and timely delivery of assets and services.
- Conduct market analysis and identify where efficiencies can be made.
- Identify opportunities for the achievement of cost savings through procurement and supply chain management.
- Maintain awareness of supplier non-compliance/performance to plans and service levels, taking timely remedial action and intervening as appropriate through a structured contract management programme.
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of Procurement transactions for audit purposes both manually and electronically.
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers, negotiate terms, and establish contracts to ensure cost-effectiveness and high-quality products or services.
- Conduct and manage Suppliers prequalification and due diligence processes.
- Look for opportunities for cost saving, LTAs & Framework agreements.
- Draft RFQs, RFPs and Tenders as needed.
- Request for offers and quotations and prepare the necessary BIDs analysis.
- Maintain a comprehensive supplier database, monitor performance, and conduct periodic supplier evaluations.
- Stay up-to date on market trends, industry regulations, and best practices to improve procurement strategies.
- Follow up with the Finance department to ensure Suppliers/service providers’ payments are made in a timely manner. Handle Asset Disposals according to the policies and guidelines.
- Manage the inventory.
- Provide capacity building to staff on procurement and Supply Chain matters.
- Carry out other Procurement & Supply Chain tasks as directed by the Country Director.
- Supervise the procurement team.
COMPLIANCE & ETHICS
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conduct work with the highest level of integrity.
- Communicate these values to staff and to partners and require them to adhere to these values.
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of non-discrimination, local ownership, sustainability, inclusiveness, local partnership, do-no-harm, and apolitical approach; codes of conduct against sexual exploitation and abuse; and against child exploitation and modern slavery.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Procurement/Supply chain management or a related field from a recognized University
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in international non-profit organization managing Procurement/supply chain functions in structurally limited settings.
- Knowledge of financial management – particularly budgeting and budgetary controls, and key donors funding conditions to ensure compliance
- Excellent planning and communication and report writing skills, with a high level of proficiency in English
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi- cultural/multinational setting
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a good understanding and experience working with Procurement.
- High Level proficiency in Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Capable of multi-task while being highly detail oriented.
IsraAID has zero tolerance towards any acts of misconduct and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. The recruitment process will include all candidates’ declarations and reference checks focused on misconduct and SEA.
IsraAID is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status
Female applicants are encouraged to apply
How to apply
or hand drop your Application to IsraAID Office located at Afex River Camp
Please note that CVs longer than 2 pages will not be considered
Please use the following title as subject: CV Name Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
We regret to report that only candidates eligible for an interview will be notified
Deadline: 9 Feb 2024