Women Now for Development
“Women Now for Development” WND is a feminist, women-led, and rights-based organization with eleven years of experience. WND specializes in programs for women and adolescent girls in Syria. Working in four integrated program areas Protection, Empowerment, Participation, Advocacy and Research programs
- Ensure strict compliance with relevant laws, regulations, policies, and ethical standards in all procurement activities.
- Participate in developing WND procurement policies, procedures, and templates in accordance with standard operating procedures and donor requirements.
- Create and maintain a supplier database (in Turkey and NW Syria) to ensure a group of reliable service providers.
- Prepare bids, contracts & purchase orders for the provision of goods/services/works and follow up on bid deadlines, correspondences, and contracts.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of procurement documents and contracts, in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Carry out office work related to purchasing activities, gathering, scanning, and organizing all documents, both in paper and electronic form.
- Update and maintain procurement records, documentation, and databases for auditing and reporting purposes.
- Follow up on the receipt of materials, ensure compliance with contract terms by suppliers, and ensure adherence to the required quality of deliveries and timelines specified in purchase contracts.
- Manage the organization’s warehouse in Syria, conducting monthly and annual inventory.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain assets and supplies, ensuring scheduled inspections occur.
- Manage the WND fleet with a log sheet and driver’s database.
- Provide periodic reports on procurement implementation progress and challenges faced in purchasing operations.
- Participate in project planning and prepare procurement plans in coordination with the program team, according to WND strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of donor funding regulations and provide guidance, assistance, and training to WND’s programs staff.
- Conduct necessary training for the Procurement Team in Syria.
- Supervise, implement, and monitor procurement activities to ensure a smooth and efficient flow through each stage of the procurement process.
- Coordinate with the MEAL Department when needed to monitor and document the procurement activity.
- Coordinate with the financial department to ensure suppliers receive payments in a timely manner after providing the required documents.
- Coordination with HR Department to implement the contracting processes for Intellectual services providers (such as trainers, researchers, media experts)
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, economics, or any other related field
- Excellent understanding of the Syrian context in general, and specifically Syrian civil society
- 2+ years of experience in the field of Supply Chain in NGOs or civil society organizations
- Experience in working on programs/projects specifically for women and/or adolescent girls
- Previous experience dealing with suppliers
- Previous experience in supervision on field teams
- Applicants should also demonstrate a keen interest in Women Now values and strong motivation in putting them into practice.
- Ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure,work under pressure, and maintain attention to details.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Good report writing skills and attention to details.
- Good Skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Speaking Arabic fluently, have good English and Turkish skills.
- Living in Gaziantep – Turkey (Turkish Citizenship holders is preferred).
How to apply
WND gives priority to women applicants in all of its recruitment processes.
If you are interested in the position, please fill the application by the following link
(due to the urgent need for a position, applicants will be contacted before closing the call if suitable candidates are available).
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 23 Feb 2024