United Nations Development Programme (Lebanon)
The eco-museum of Enfeh will comprise 4 sections dealing with different topics related to the town resources and history: Geology and Natural History, Archaeology, Salt production, Boat construction and Fishing.
Objects will be displayed in an aesthetic way and will be accompanied by panels, labels and multimedia tools that will provide relevant information. In order to enhance the visitor���s experience in the museum and leave an unforgettable impact afterward, the museum���s media must be visually appealing. Hence, the need for a graphic/media designer to create it while considering the storyline of the exhibition.
Media works include design of videos, games, 3d visuals, logos, signage, immersive 4d room design/slideshow, brochures, graphics, animation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervised by and working in collaboration with UNDP engineering team, the Department of Archeology and Museology of University of Balamand (DAM) team and the scenographer, the hired candidate shall enhance the museum experience and increase the visual impact on the visitor by performing the following tasks:
Task 1: Design the museum graphics (visual identity i.e. logo, text panels, object labels, outdoor and indoor signage, etc.)
Task 2: Design of a brochure and different types of entrance tickets (adults and children (individuals)/groups���).
Task 3: Design three interactive communication products (videos, touch tables, etc.) by using text, data, graphics, sounds, animations and visual effects.
Works include :
periodic follow up meetings with consultant to develop designs and review the comments given by consultant. Revision of designs/deliverables submitted based on consultant���s comments. Site visits to project site and to other locations for meetings in North Lebanon (depending on meeting). Submission of methodology of work and schedule of deliverables upon award.
– Strong graphic design skills.
-Ability to work as a member of a teaM.
-Ability to understand what appeals to different target audiences.
-Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
Required Skills and Experience
I. Academic Qualifications:
– Bachelor���s Degree in Graphic and Media Design Media or any related field.
II. Years of experience:
– Two years of experience in similar projects such as but not limited to design of graphic and media design (brochures, logos, animation),
– Experience in museums is a plus.
III. Technical experience:
– For graphic design software: experience in graphic design software such as in-design, or adobe illustrator, or adobe photoshop, or equivalent.
– For animation and rendering: experience in animation software such as adobe animate, or 3dmax,or animaker, or Lumion, or equivalent.
– For videos: experience in software for video development such as adobe after effects for scenes, music and sounds, or equivalent.
– Software for games: experience in game development software such as unity or equivalent.
To apply for this job please visit www.developmentaid.org.